E-Book Pricing Alerts

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Apr 4, 2017.

1. historypeats

historypeats Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amazon tends to peg the ebook prices around where the physical copies are priced. This is why Sword of Damocles and (for a time) Reap the Whirlwind had high ebook prices. Enemy of My Enemy looks to be the latest title to follow the trend. (It strikes me as very odd that certain "modern" titles are now very difficult to find, while others clog the shelves of used bookstores everywhere. Were there just fewer print runs for certain books than others?)

2. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not just Amazon setting the price, though. Every link from the Simon & Schuster site has the same $14.99 price for the ebook. Oh, well. If it is still the same when I get to reading it, I will just remember that I have gotten lots of great deals on other Trek novels, so it kind of balances out.

3. historypeats

Gotta be honest - that's not one of the better books from the Palmieri era. I'll be sad for you if you end up paying double the "sticker price." Have you been reading Beyer's VOY run?

4. Smiley

I have read all of Beyer’s relaunch books. They are very good, but I am not opposed to seeing a different approach, no matter the reputation of the second duology. Also, we are not exactly getting a tidal wave of new Voyager content right now, so I am excited to fill in some gaps in my knowledge of what came before.

historypeats likes this.
  5. historypeats

Looking ahead at the August deals, it looks like we'll have another few VOY numbered novels with smeared, pixelated cover art. What I'd give for a hi-res scanner - I have the paperbacks in solid condition, but no way to convert those covers into images to send to the publishers or Amazon. Anyone out there with a better tech setup?

6. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The price is set by S&S so it matches the prices for the POD version. Apparently they try to keep the prices of the two versions relatively close, even if there is absolutely no reason for the e-book's price to go up that high. I've lucked out and most of the ones that have gone up like that are either ones I either already own or one I'm not planning on reading.

8. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

August's Star Trek eBook Deals at $.99
    Are LIVE ON AMZON RIGHT NOW!!! :)

More Trek ebook deals to celebrate Federation Day on August 12th and Jonathan Frakes' birthday on August 19th!

Available until August 31st:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/c/ebookpromoaugust2020

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Articles of The Federation
    By Keith R. A. DeCandido

Federation
    By Judith Reeves-Stevens

Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures
    By Christopher L. Bennett

TNG:A Rock and a Hard Place
    By Peter David

TNG: Takedown
    By John Jackson Miller

Titan #1: Taking Wing
    By Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels

VOY: The Garden
    By Melissa Scott

VOY: Chrysalis
    By David Niall Wilson

VOY: Full Circle
    By Kirsten Beyer

As of 7/31 the deals are now LIVE on Amazon not sure about anywhere else.

Some awesome and heavy ebooks with a good generous discounts.

Please stay safe and best wishes to all on the forums again during these tough times.

Please again enjoy, and all the best! :)
    -Koric

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    historypeats likes this.
  9. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

Sorry guys, I got excited and posted too early:

Star Trek Titan #1 taking wing, Federation, and Full Circle

ebooks are now $.99 cents on Amazon. Hopefully the rest of the books will be on sale soon.

My mistake again. Sorry everyone.
    -Koric

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  10. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

@Koric thanks for the heads-up on this. I didn't know that Articles would be on sale....

Koric and historypeats like this.
  11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Only Taking Wing and Full Circle are showing up as ninety-nine cents on Amazon, for me.

Koric likes this.
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Federation is still US$7.99 on Google Play.

13. historypeats

Federation is $0.99 on Amazon now.

14. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

Here's a different sort of ebook deal:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4

There's a huge sale on digital versions of the books for the tabletop game Star Trek Adventures. The most expensive tier is just 15 bucks, and contains 25 books and printable items for the game. Just to give you an idea how deep this discount is, the single core rulebook alone sells for around 20 bucks for the digital version, and here you get a huge amount of content. Also, the top tier includes other cool stuff like a fifty percent coupon for the physical version of the core rulebook and some extras for Star Trek Online.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to mention something I found a bit odd in my other post. When I tried searching for Star Trek Federation on Google Play it didn't come up, I ended up having to go the page for one of the Shatnerverse books, and look through the books by the same authors section to find it.

16. Smiley

I got the three that are currently on sale. Since the July deals go through the 2nd, the others may update tomorrow or Monday.

Koric and historypeats like this.
  17. historypeats

Yeah - A Choice of Futures is already in the giant list of all Kindle titles discounted for August, along with the other three, but its price hasn't been slashed yet. So I'd expect prices on the others to fall soon.

Koric likes this.
  18. Elwro

Elwro Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Frustrated again at how non-US customers do not get the $.99 ebook deals I decided to search the Kindle Store today. It turns out that different titles are discounted for me. I have no idea how to compile a full list, but I found the following two which definitely look as if they are on a sale right now (I'm logging in to the Kindle Store with an account registered in Poland); maybe they will be of interest to other non-US residents:

G. Cox, ST:TOS: The Weight of Worlds, $2.60
    M.Schuster, S. Mollman, ST:TOS: A Choice of Catastrophes, $2.59

19. DeepSpaceYorks

DeepSpaceYorks Commander Red Shirt

These offers invariably appear on the first Tuesday of the month on Amazon UK. They aren't discounted yet but I fully expect them to be.

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

All books are now .99 cents on Amazon.

Koric, Indysolo and Smiley like this.