Poll DS9 - Relationships

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Captain pl1ngpl0ng, Aug 30, 2019.

?

which one are you're favourite relationship?

1. Kira & Odo

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Worf & Jadzia

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Julien & Leeta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Miles & Keiko

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  5. Kasidy & Sisko

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  6. The Grand Nagus & Moogie

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Vedek Bareil & Kira

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Rom & Leeta

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  9. Dukat & Kai Winn

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Grilka & Quark

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  11. Odo & Lwaxana

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  12. Julien & Garak

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  13. Jadzia & Lenara

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  14. Julien & Melora

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Quark & Natima

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. Julien & Miles

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  17. Julien & Ezri

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  18. Garak & Ziyal

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ^ it's partly true, but i think Ziyal meant more to Garak than that,
    they where the two only cardassians on the station with no place to go,
    so it's natural that they gravitated towards eachother.
    i dont think it was unhealthy at all.... of course, she died, so there's that...

2. PSGarak

PSGarak Commodore Commodore

They shoehorned in Ziyal to make Berman happy when he didn't care for the feedback they were getting from Bashir and Garak getting close. I agree with what Behr said in the documentary. They should have had the guts to capitalize on the acting chemistry between Robinson and Siddig and pulled the Garak Bashir trigger. Maybe the suits would have nixed it, but they didn't even try.

Ziyal was practically a child. Robinson hated that they turned the relationship romantic and commented more than once that the actress who played her for the romantic part of it looked almost exactly like his granddaughter. He found it disturbing. The age and experience difference was pretty gross, IMO.

I loved Rom and Leeta, The Grand Nagus and Moogie, and Miles and Keiko. Rom and Leeta because they loved each other for who they were and were willing to fight to work through their cultural differences, the Nagus and Moogie because they were both strong people who managed to find equality in a serious power imbalance, and Miles and Keiko because their marriage was a very realistic portrayal of what it's like to make a relationship work in the long haul.

Lokiberry, kkt, lurok and 1 other person like this.
  3. i need to watch that documentary ..
    i'm just finished with season 7 again so it would be perfect to watch it now.

4. PSGarak

It really would be good timing. I think you'll get a lot out of it.

Captain pl1ngpl0ng and kkt like this.
  5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Another of the one shot ones I like, Quark and the Cardassian dissident.

I agree Garak/Ziyal should have been more of a Lost in Translation style close friendship.

kkt, PSGarak and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.
  6. PSGarak

I loved Quark and Lang. I've said elsewhere, they managed a weird sort of Bogie and Bacall vibe. And that sort of friendship would have been wonderful to see.

Captain pl1ngpl0ng and kkt like this.
  7. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

I enjoyed the episode. I'm a fan of Casablanca too. Quark and Lang did have chemistry, but if they really loved each other, where was the obstacle? Rick and Ilsa couldn't be together because she was married to Victor Laszlo, and in Hollywood movies in 1942 there was no such thing as leaving your spouse just because you loved someone else. There was no Victor Laszlo analog in Profit and Loss, just Lang's dissident students. All the same, it would have been great to see Lang and the students again near the end of the war.
    I hope they weren't killed.

Captain pl1ngpl0ng likes this.
  8. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted Quark and Grillka. They were great together.

9. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

For the poll's choice, it's Miles/Keiko. They had the best sci-fi storylines.

I'd also opine for Julian and Miles, or Garak and Julian. Not all relationships have to have a sexual component. And if they were, I'm happy for them as much as any other fictional "shipping". In part because any relationship is a relationship, not all are sexual, our society tends to fixate on the reproductive act above all else*, and if they're not harming anyone then it doesn't matter?

* how can a society that "gets it" come across even more desperate in its stories than incels in real life? Oh, the draaaaaaaaaaaaama. Melodrama...

10. Beckerjr

Beckerjr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Any list needs Garak and Bashir along with the ultimate “bromance” of Miles and Bashir.

11. Yeah i agree they need to be on the list. Relationships are also close friendships.
    i added them both

Yes Melora and Natima need to be there also, so added.

--

i added Jadzia & Lenara ... that was too intense to leave out.
    So you may now vote for 5 ... i probably still forgot someone.... i'm sure of it=)

Armus likes this.
  12. sure... Julien & Ezri, adding now. Julien has been around tho....
    Edit: Garak & Zyial !!!... how many damn relationships are there on this station????
    Edit2: mirror Ki... NAH...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
  13. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kira and Shakar was a pretty big one

If you did an MU, you could have:
    Sisko and Kira
    Sisko and Jennifer
    Sisko and Jadzia

14. HelenofBorg

HelenofBorg Lieutenant Red Shirt

Garak/Julian definitely. They had obvious chemistry from the get go, but the producers unfortunately decided that Star Trek wasn't ready for a gay couple. That said, it was interesting to see how many lies Garak would tell him and Julian kept going back to hear more. I will never forget the day Julian told him the story of the boy who cried wolf, and Garak insisted that the moral was 'never tell the same lie twice'. There is quite a bit of fanfic out there featuring Garak and Bashir.

PSGarak, Captain pl1ngpl0ng and kkt like this.
  15. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately, it was the type of image of a gay man that the 1990s did not need. It seems that most characters, who were in movies, who were LGBT were untrustworthy.

16. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Whereas everything Garak said, you could absolutely rely upon...

17. I watched it, loved it..... now i just want to start ds9 from the beginning again...
    well... i think i take Voyager for a spin first, i was meaning to see TNG again tho.. ... hm..

Yeah it would maybe be more complete, but im not sure i should "count" the MU...
    ahh yes, Shakar......!

Especially the lies were true=)

18. [​IMG]

Yes it's very exciting!! I don't have a closing date but lets announce a winning couple on sunday..:luvlove:

19. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

In the back: "Was that Hawk?"

kkt and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.