ds9 in combat

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by elliot beckett, Jul 27, 2010.

1. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: I agree w/Garak

They probably should have done some sort of refit.

Seriously, though. Rom's sabotage would have disable the station no matter how much time and capital Starfleet invested in it. He was one of the technicians in charge of maintaining those systems.

2. DS9 Gal AZ

DS9 Gal AZ Captain Captain

DS9 sure is one funny-looking ship! :P

3. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

wonder if Voyager's transwarp doo-dads can be adapted to Starship DS9?

4. Damask

Damask Commander Red Shirt

Quite selective no? I'd say that's a win for DS9. The Klingons fleet wanted to control the station or destroy it. They didn't.

No those Jem'hadar died when the DS9 crew and the other Jem'hadar crew destroyed the gate.

The Dominion owned the station anyway after their treaty with Bajor.

Why the albeit? The Romulans destroyed the station albeit with a sneak attack.

5. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The battle between the Klingons and the station was even. Gowron withdrew on his own terms because (A) the Federation was sending reinforcements, and (B) He realized continuing the battle would be playing into the Founders' hands.

But the station didn't thwart their attack. Only a subsequent mission defeated them. That's like saying the United States retroactively won the Battle of Pearl Harbor following the Japanese surrender in '45.

So? The Federation crew fought a losing battle on the station to buy time for the Defiant to finish the minefield. That dosen't change the fact that it WAS a losing battle. They did lose, but they never planned to win that battle.

I listed that as a losing battle. The albeit changed nothing. I left out the albeit for the Romulan attack because it had already been discussed upthread.

6. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

All: How about, just for clarity (and to keep the comments from the peanut gallery to a minimum) we refer to DS9 as 'the station'? The Definat was a ship. DS9 was a station.

If we refer to them properly, we can focus on the discussion - that being, whether it was a kick ass station or not. :lol:

Thanks! :)

7. elliot beckett

elliot beckett Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

no matter what you say i still like it :techman: