DRGIII posted the cover for his The Fall novel on FB.

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, May 22, 2013.

1. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep. I'm afraid I prefer some of the fan designs we saw on this forum last year.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've just realized that, although the large Galaxy-class-shuttlebay docking arms are a cool idea, they'd never fit the Enterprise-E. The nacelles would get in the way.

3. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

It doesn't exactly look functional.

4. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I'm still not getting where you think the Galaxy's docked with the station?

But with how the Galaxy class ship is in front of the station, I've got to wonder just how close the station is to Bajor's sun (with the shadows it looks like the sun is under the core, but closer than where the old DS9 was.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^If it's not docked, then it's far too close to the station than would be necessary or even safe.

6. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

The Galaxy Class was originally supposed to dock to a station using the connectors along the back of the connecting pylon under the two shuttlebays. Probert's sketches showed this feature but it was never seen on screen. Those connectors allowed materials transfer and also appear in the same area on Voyager as well.

The new station is OK but the huge rings should be doing something interesting, perhaps that will be explained in the books.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Via the large connectors (which attach to the shuttlebay) on either side of the ring here:
    [​IMG]

8. tomswift2002

Those look more like thrusters or observation areas.

Plus with the Galaxy, from pictures of the neck that I've looked at it appears that the connector was never made a part of the deign, so the ship can't dock with the station (below those shuttle bays you've got lots of windows and the impulse engine, but nothing that looks like a hatch or other connector). I think the Galaxy's just in the shot because its got some tech that can only be used from the shuttle bay (such as a Canadarm) that's being used to install something.. I don't think the ship's docked.

9. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As I recall, the umbilical connects were along the dorsal spine, between the main Impulse engine and the aft torpedo launcher; not above the Impulse drive.

Voyager had a similar arrangement along its dorsal engineering hull.

10. tomswift2002

In other words they were on the top of the engineering hull, behind the neck, between the nacelles. The Galaxy's not even angled to connect that way in the picture, so I don't think it's docked.

11. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An arboretum...clever old O'Brien.Keep the missus busy and out of your hair:rommie:

12. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

^ Cool, maybe!

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if Revelations... will feature a fold-out with schematics, like they did for Vanguard and Titan.

14. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I sure hope they do :techman:

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they do I just hope they include some kind of digital version for use e-book reader. What did they do for Vanguard: Harbinger, and Titan: Sword of Damocles?

16. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hoping we can get higher-res editions of those...?

17. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I hope the Robinson crew get a bit more to do this time around; Rogeiro got to take command briefly in Raise the Dawn, but the other crew members got little to do.