downfall parody - kirk vs. picard

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain Gandalf, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Captain Gandalf

Captain Gandalf Commodore Commodore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXqaapGK5c

Ok, a word of explanation. After watching so many downfall parody's (many of which are hilarious), I got the urge to make one myself. Since initially I had no idea how to make one, it took quite a bit of research before I could start.
    First, I had to download Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (the best version for this kind of work; later versions aren't as good), and secondly, a site where you can download downfall clips which have no subtitles).
    Then it was just a matter of learning to work with WMM 2.6 (a handy tutorial can be found on the same site where I found the clips).

Finally, I uploaded the final result on youtube (which you can find in the link above).

Keep in mind this is my very first try, so it's not as good as some other parody's out there.

I'm kinda hoping that it will inspire some people on this board to give it a try themselves, especially those who are good with words and have a great sense of humour.
    I'll post the necessary links if there's a demand for it.

Enjoy.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

wie Parodien sind verboten

3. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

FAIL!
    :devil:

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

This video contains content from Constantin Film, who has blocked it on copyright grounds

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yeah, Downfall re-subs are pretty thin on the ground these days, after the C&D order...