Spoilers Doom Patrol - DC Universe Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dodge, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

It’s unfortunate that more people aren’t able to see this as it’s quickly become a favorite. Then again, it probably wouldn’t be what it is if it wasn’t on the streaming service. This show is like Legion if it made a bit of sense.;)

I don’t want to spoil anything but the resolution to how you defeat a god was nicely involved and inventive. Saucy Marilyn was a great side character as is Ezekiel the doomsaying bug. Diane Guerrero gives her all as Jane and her alters and impresses. And Alan Tudyk is awesome as usual as Mr. Nobody. I am really impressed five episodes how fully realized this show feels.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 4:02 AM
  2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Robotman sure likes to say the word "fuck" a lot.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The Chief needs to enable his profanity filter.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

It's his catchphrase but the show does provide a lot of times where it's a legit thing to say. I do like when the characters are like "Does anyone know what's going on here?". Larry had a particuarly nice, earnest and deadpan "What's going on?" at the end of the last episode.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be buying this as soon as it's available outside of DC Universe.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Doom Patrol is really good. Coming from someone who doesn't care for Morrison's Doom Patrol, that is a really big compliment. I hope this show gets multiple seasons, both because its great and because it and Young Justice are the only things justifying DC universe's existence right now.

7. dodge

dodge Vice Admiral Admiral

Another fantastic episode, say what you will about the Doom Patrol's dysfunctional heroics, but they solved "the snap" way faster than the Avengers... :D