Donny's Refit Enterprise Interiors (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Workbee

Workbee Commander Red Shirt

Good catch - yes now that you pointed it out I can see that is the roll out console.

I have also heard that Wise kept the bridge segments locked down from many different sources. I wonder if they meant that they kept almost all of the sections together save for one or two to provide access (as opposed to only having one side of the set locked togeth I can’t imagine it would be easy to film in those conditions. How did they get all the filming gear in and out of that set each setup? Where was the director and crew all hanging out each shot? There’s the turbo lift doors but it seems unwieldy to have to cart everything through those small doorways. I know that filmmakers find ways to film in cramped ways all the time but it seems like if they had an option to open just a section or two, they would. Especially considering one side has none of the principal actors on it.

2. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Almost done with the weapons and defense console. Just finished the TMP, TWOK, and Reliant shield indicators.
    [​IMG]
    The top two are the TMP indicators ("Off" and "On", respectivley). The bottom two are, of course, the Enterprise (left) and the Reliant (right). I've got it rigged to animate the lights coming on/off in succession, as you see them here in mid-animation. Both the Enterprise and Reliant graphics are seen as their "early" schematics, as used in the film. The Enterprise's schematic is obviously from Phase II, the Reliant graphic is done in a very similar style, and neither is wholly accurate to how the ship's exterior appeared on-screen. I've decided to retain these early schematics to adhere to screen accuracy (and because I really like them ;)). I created clean versions of both of these schematics in Photoshop.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. Nays

Nays Lieutenant Red Shirt

Fantastic work!

4. Rusty0918

Rusty0918 Commander Red Shirt

That shield display was NOT present on the TSFS bridge. They had other displays for that (which weren't so great). Though if would be present on the TVH bridge, I wonder if it would show a shield status more like what we saw in TFF/TUC?

BK613 and Workbee like this.
  5. TOMFAN

TOMFAN Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Those are fantastic!

I don't even remember seeing it in TMP, so it's great to see it here for the first time!

6. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey look! FACTS!

JonnyQuest037 and Harvey like this.
  7. Donny

Wow! I never realized that the entire shield display is missing from the TSFS set.
    [​IMG]

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it finally experienced ECS (exploding console syndrome) when racing from the Mutara Nebula and was removed but not yet replaced before reaching Earth. :shrug:

(Uh, just wipe the crap from that notion as I just pulled it from my as...sumptions.) :ack:

9. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And it doesn't even look like an explosion hit it or the base of the display was left over. It's like it never existed :eek:

10. Donny

Opinion time! Do I correct the TWO misspellings of "TORPEDOES" on the weapons console graphics, or leave them as their screen accurate "TORPEDOS"?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It looks like they may have even darkened the "Photon Torpedos" graphic in the second up-close shot, realizing this was an error. Or is "Torpedos" an accepted alternate plural form of "Torpedo"?
    We may have had this discussion the last time I was modeling these sets back in 2014, but hey. That was 5 years ago and I can't remember. :shrug:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    BK613 likes this.
  11. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Leave it! Unless you're the sort to get rid of the Hanger Deck on the TOS ship!

blssdwlf and Donny like this.
  12. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

leave it.

Donny likes this.
  13. Rekkert

Rekkert Fleet Captain Premium Member

Maybe for some inexplicable reason that word, and only that word, was in Spanish; thus 'torpedos' is correct. :p

Donny likes this.
  14. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TorpeDOS when you can't fire just UNO

BK613 likes this.
  15. Workbee

Workbee Commander Red Shirt

I vote for leaving it. It gives your recreation axtra authenticity. :-)

16. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Leave it. Just assume that the console designer dropped a letter to get the word to fit. :)

17. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

POTATOE

Donny likes this.
  18. Donny

"Is the word given, Admiral?"

"The word is given. T-O-R-P-E-D-O-S."

"Aye...."

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Those kinds of changes puzzle me. Why remove it? The only thing I can figure is it wasn't actually bolted to the set and was treated like set dressing and stored with those materials, this forgotten when the story didn't require it.

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Aw damn! I see another TSFS variant coming... :whistle: