Does anyone think we'll see the show in the States OUTSIDE "All Access" at any point?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by gastrof, May 19, 2016.

1. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

Here's my question...How do I access CBS's streaming service from my TV? Other than going to CBS's website on my computer or mobile device, I haven't heard of a way to do this. My TV's apps don't include CBS All Access.

2. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if they'll let you do that, I wouldn't go through that kind of trouble. It's just another "account" that you have to worry about.

And if you do manage to cancel when the season ends, you can't watch reruns, can you? You'd certainly lose access to anything you were watching when you were a subscriber.

Like I said, I'm fully confident the new show will show up on iTunes sooner or later. iTunes gets every other show, I don't see why they wouldn't one day get this one. :shrug:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

If you have an Android smartphone (I can't speak for the iPhone version) go purchase a Chromecast for $35 (less if you catch a sale, sometimes you can find them for $25) and plug it in to an HDMI port and follow the setup process to put it on your WiFi. Download the CBS app and put in your log in credentials. In the upper right hand corner of the screen you will find a cast icon. Cast the picture to the Chromecast. Enjoy. We have a Chromecast on every TV in the house and watch Netflix, Hulu, CBS, HBO, Vudu, Google Play Movies and TV (haven't bought a physical disk of a movie in years) and Disney Jr (for my daughter) on the TV using it.

5. M-Red

M-Red Commander Red Shirt

If the new series is successful online, TPTB will have no motivation to move it to TV. Their gamble will be rewarded and they'll be making even more money.

If it's unsuccessful online, TPTB will have no motivation to move it to TV because they'll think market interest simply isn't there for it.

It will either sink or swim on CBSAA. The whole point of this Trek is to elevate their future platform model.

I'm no expert but that seems clear.

And if you pay for CBSAA, you're not just paying for the new series. You literally can watch any Trek episode from any series at any time....on any device. I've already paid for it and it's absolutely worth it. At least for me it has been.

6. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd agree with all of that , @M-Red , if it wasn't for Supergirl. After what they've done with her show, I think that the new Star Trek series could get at least one more season even if CBSAA tanks. On the CW.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think a Trek series would really fit in with The CW's target demographic, unless it's a training ship or something. CBS would be a lot more likely, and it is where they're showing the pilot.

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

CBS would cancel the new series after only one year--it's too pricey and niche audience. The primary reason we're getting this new series at all is because they want to bring more subscribers to CBS All Access and are willing to invest in that.

9. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd rather pay €20 per month for CBSAA than give Star Trek to The CW.

10. USS Triumphant

Wow. That's a pretty intense dislike for the network of Supernatural, Arrow, and Flash. If I might ask... why?

11. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those three show are the exact reason why I don't care for The CW one bit.

12. USS Triumphant

Really? Those three? I like those three. OTOH, if you were to point at DC's Legends, or Gossip Girl, or Smallville, or Gilmore Girls, or Hart of Dixie, or .... on and on back and ending with Voyager, then I would definitely see your point. ;)