Do you want the Kelvin Universe to continue?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Yes, I would love to see a Kelvin class ship show up on SNW.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They mentioned the Kelvin in the SNW S1 finale. But should we see the Kelvin or it's ilk, I imagine it'll look different (i.e. Farragut parts in a Kelvin arrangement or whatever), as everything in Disco/SNW does.

Richard S. Ta and saddestmoon like this.
  3. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Its nearly thirty years later. The Kelvin receiving a refit makes sense.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    JRob94 likes this.
  4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fine by me.

5. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I'm guessing Farragut is no longer a Connie, then? (I haven't finished SNW yet.)

6. F. King Daniel

It's a Miranda-ish something now.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  7. Voodoowoman2

Voodoowoman2 Commander Red Shirt

No, but since this universe reverses everything I want Spock to fall in mad unrequited love with Nurse Chapel.

HarpistforHim likes this.
  8. F. King Daniel

I would be 110% down with Jess Bush as Nurse Chapel in a Kelvinverse movie. But her past with Kirk may make things a little... problematic.

JRob94 likes this.
  9. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not unless they go in a vastly different direction from the Canon timeline. Really treat this like a divergent tineline, and not just a reboot with some cute switch-ups.

A movie I would not want to see:
    A retelling of "The Voyage Home," only they get the whales from 2024, and it's the bus-punk who comes back to the future with them at the end instead of Dr. Gillian Taylor.

A movie I would want to see:
    Having lost one of it's four founding worlds, the Federation can't take on the Romulans and the Klingons at the same time, and is forced to ally with one of them a few centuries ahead of schedule. Chekov is killed off, and Lt. Ilia survives and remains as the Enterprise's Navigator. Spock's half-brother Sybock somehow gets ahold of the database from Nero's future ship, learns about the Borg, and steals the Enterprise on an insane quest to join the Collective. Kirk and the gang end up seeking the help of a Vulcan space pirate named Saavik, driven to piracy after losing her home planet.

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Klingons.

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  11. Valkyriedirective

Valkyriedirective Cadet Newbie

I would 100% like to see the return of the Kelvin timeline. I loved the cast, being a FAB of the original series, with all its flaws. I'm a great fan of Karl Urban's portrayal of McCoy, I think its was spot on.
    The universes are objectively different, but I believe in the potential the new timeline has.

HarpistforHim likes this.
  12. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I've longed for another Kelvin movie. Such a perfect recast that's been wasted. But it's time to move on, especially with a newer Kirk and Spock on TV again.

fireproof78 likes this.
  13. Valkyriedirective

Valkyriedirective Cadet Newbie

Maybe there's stilo hope for the Kelvin. I sure like to think so.

yan Thomas Riddle, post: 14287722, member: 2576"]I've longed for another Kelvin movie. Such a perfect recast that's been wasted. But it's time to move on, especially with a newer Kirk and Spock on TV again.[/QUOTE]

14. TheTowerBridgeFox

TheTowerBridgeFox Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think they will have to make another Star Trek film and the current cast are to good not to use!!!!!

Valkyriedirective likes this.
  15. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

The Kelvin Universe is Trek reborn.

16. valden

valden Commander Red Shirt

in the kelvinverse? i dont think so. I think it will be like asking tobey maguire Spiderman to fall in love with gwen stacey and not mary jane. Also the spock/uhura relationship has sailed in this timeline.

SNW Spock has even yet to show any deep emotional feelings for Tpring or Chapel as Kelvin Spock has done with Uhura in the kelvin timeline, so Chapel randomly showing up in the kelvinverse will make no sense for that purpose. if they make a 4th film spock/uhura should married by now with a kid after like 10 years together???

Additionally this is the Kelvinverse with movie and theatre established actors that paramount can no longer afford, I think they may go for a different actress for kelvin chapel. Jess Bush acting skills may be limited here compared to A List actresses like Winona Ryder or Zoe Saldana who has shown to have more acting range and screen presence playing Uhura than any actress from SNW and Zoe Saldana was the only girl in the midst of like 6 male actors to SNW that has more gender balance, which means the actresses on SNW did not have to work as hard as Saladna, but Saldna has been a great leading female in the films, especially the last film. She may be an alternate uhura but Star Trek Beyond is maybe the closest uhura we have gotten that reminds you of the great Nichelle Nichols.

Also been a pretty blonde character wont matter either since STID already had one in carol marcus they forgot existed after STID. it will make more sense to bring carol back than introduce chapel who may try to chase spock in this timeline but to no avail.

SNW Cast are suited for the small screen, I know this now more than ever seeing how weekly casted Paul Wesley was as Kirk compared to Chris Pine.So they need to keep both series apart. if DC can do with so the DC film universe and the CW DC TV shows. paramount should do the same with SNW and Kelvin.Also I wonder... has the kelvin vast ever spoken about the SNW Cast? kelvincast seem to give vibe of not acknowledging SNW exist.

Even some that did not like Kelvin films, one thing they universally agreed on was the best part of the series was the cast. it is a shame paramount cannot afford them anymore though understandable.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  17. valden

valden Commander Red Shirt

Yes, the current cast is the best part of the series. people say no one can replace william shatner but you are reminded of how close Pine came when you see how paul wesley in the role as kirk was meh, and though Peck may not be bad as Spock, Peck acting skill does not seem to do much on showing believable human emotions that Spock sometimes let slip in TOS or Quinto has managed to do. I think Quinto is more suited for movie Spock than Peck since Quinto can show more range playing Spock, which is a necessity for good acting in movies as there is less time compared to TV series that gives you 10 hours.

Kelvin cast is the best cast since TNG in terms of acting talent and on screen cast chemistry that works together as one unit.

I will also like to see more John Cho as Sulu also, thanks to SNW Laan and the hope for more Asian representation. They can write Chekov off, they just need to give John Cho his own arc.

John Cho is a very underrated actor, he has so much range also, he can do serious role and comedy not to mention he can be a badass. The enterprise dropping out of Wrap in trek 09 is maybe the best action moment in star trek history and it was down to Sulu here.

I will like to see star trek again in this artistic film format again. the quality is just better than streaming star trek. SNW, Discovery, Picard even after 13 years.

I also dont knowhow paramount spends money or what their expectations are. Yellowstone may cost less than their star trek shows but it gets 10x more ratings and viewership than any of their star trek show. in fact paramount has refused to release audience viewership of SNW, but they do with Yellowstone all the time and talk about the box office failure of Beyond?

Top Gun marverick cost less than many MCU Movie and may have the budjet of what star trek 2009 may have cost by inflation but it can still gross more than any comic book marvel movies in 2022.

Saldana may be right that there may be something more going on because i do think you can make star trek 4 for about 120 million and have it earn at least 400m but this time market it properly and even build on the negative hype of how the movie kept on getting delayed. if the movie and reviews are good, that negative hype will turn into a good positive hype that will only boast box office.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    publiusr likes this.
  18. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

This is not the Spider-Man forum.

Nor is it the SNW forum.

Still not the SNW forum.

Still not the SNW forum.

Not the DC forum, either, and again not the SNW forum.

Still not the SNW forum

Not the SNW, DISCO or Picard forums.

Nope, not the Yellowstone forum, and still not SNW.

Not the Top Gun or MCU Movies forum, either.

Honestly, one might suppose that a three-month suspension for too many warning points accrued would have given you some time to reflect upon your posting habits and give thought to modifying them in all the many ways which have been recommended to you over the years.

- You've been advised to avoid treating this forum as if it were a personal blog for any subject which pops into your head.
    - You've been advised to make orderly posts which adhere to one topic.
    - You've been advised to post subject matter not relevant to this forum in the forum for which it is appropriate.
    - You've been advised to make use of Multi-Quote or to edit additional replies onto posts you've just made minutes before.
    - And on and on and on...

But no: you come back and pick right up where you left off -- with many of the same behaviors which have earned you cautions and warnings in the past (under this username and under others.)

It will perhaps come as a surprise to you that the above posts will also earn you a warning, although it really shouldn't. We've been telling you all along what you need to correct, and you simply refuse to pay attention.

That's a You problem, and it gets you a warning for Spamming. Comments to PM.

1001001 likes this.
  19. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Since the prime universe is still producing new stories I would say no. The 4th film has been stuck in development hell for a few years now. Also to have two star trek universes running concurrently would just confuse casual fans. That and the actors on the original films are near the TOS movie age now so do we really want a retelling of middle aged Kirk again. They have missed the window of the young crew now because they took too long making these movies. It's been 14 years since the first one.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    Phoenix219 likes this.
  20. F. King Daniel

How many concurrent Batman continuities are there? How many Batmen have there been in the last decade? Are Star Trek fans really dumber than Batman fans?:lol: