Disney to reboot Star Wars Sequels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by crookeddy, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't believe anybody actually takes the shit coming from sources like Doomcock and Cosmic Book News seriously.:rolleyes:

Turtletrekker and Tosk like this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, let me see if I understand this correctly...people honestly believe that the trilogy that LFL spent a lot of money on will be decanoized and they will spent more money right now to create a whole new trilogy? :vulcan:

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The one thing I've learned over the last year on "teh internets" was just how much flat out lies and/or somebody's personal wishes about Star Wars get posted online and presented as breaking news from "reliable sources." They're a dime a dozen on youtube.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Your classmate isn't completely off-base; if the Russians has gotten Alexei Leonov to the moon in 1969, he probably wasn't getting home. If you've ever looked into the Soviet lunar plans, the odds of success were extremely low. The mission profile was similar to NASA's, except for one astronaut, and he would have to spacewalk, in lunar orbit, from his Soyuz capsule to the lander before descent, then spacewalk back to the Soyuz for the return trip after ascending from the lunar surface. But Leonov never went to the moon; the Russians never did get the N-1 booster to work.

The Wormhole likes this.
  5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can I have some of what you're smoking? - I need a good break from reality.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  6. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Then what? Then maybe they will make a trilogy where Han and Luke don't die, and no character assasinations as was done to them in these movies. That upstart Rey could just be a Jedi in Luke's (successful) order instead of the new Jedi founder. They could bring back Lando so he'd be in all three this time. And (hopefully) no ressurrected Palpatine. And as for Carrie Fisher, no, the "deepfakes" in Rouge One didn't bother me a bit. Bring them on. Might be necessary anyway since Harrison Ford would never agree to play Han again. His deepfake wouldn't be all that hard to recreate.In short make a sequel trilogy that has a coherent story.

Of course all this is academic, because as I said, even though I would love it, our source for this is Doomcock, and we all know what he's full of.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    USS Firefly likes this.
  7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that would work too.

8. fireproof78

We have that...it's called the EU before Disney.

Or fan fiction.

In either case, to quote Padme "We live in the real world." And I can't imagine this world where LFL is going to drop more millions to satisfy fan ego.

Call me crazy.

C.E. Evans likes this.
  9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, so this is coming from Doomcock. I guess this purging of the Sequel Trilogy is going to take place at the same time CBSAA's Star Trek shows are all cancelled? Will Kathleen Kennedy and Alex Kurtzman become friends because of all the time they spend in the unemployment line?

10. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

And next to proof that the Earth is flat :)

C.E. Evans likes this.
  11. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

That's what they want you to think !

;)

12. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Rebooting something doesn't erase it from our collective memories or remove the blu rays from our shelves. The movies are there, they exist.

It's a ridiculous notion, it's not going to happen, and all the wishful thinking on this board won't change that.

Sounds boring.

13. fireproof78

Not only is it a ridiculous notion but it's a barn burner attitude towards a product others enjoy. "I don't like it so therefore it must be destroyed" is such a bizarre attitude and I'm probably asking too much for people to give me a rational explanation as to why go forward with such an idea.

Masiral and Professor Zoom like this.
  14. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

This is BS and most people would have had the common sense to realize that before wasting their time circulating it.

Next.

C.E. Evans likes this.
  15. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Not. Happening. You'll see a live-action remake of Home on the Range before you see that.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  16. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of my friends is like HEY! This is happening and i'm like.. Uh.. No.. I know you didn't like the ST but believing this is like believing Trump isn't Orange. It ain't happening.
    These UTurds should be canned by Disney for libel.. and sued into non existance..

17. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Disney and Lucasfilm really ought to go after these clickbait sites for all of the BS they spew, but doing so would give them attention they don't deserve.

18. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Doomcock? Cosmic Book News? Credible sources?!? Wow, it amazes me that people lap up such obvious bullshit.

Here's a thought: You didn't like the Sequel Trilogy. That's your right. You've talked about how much you've hated it for years. Also your right. Disney is working on a lot of other materials outside of the Skywalker Saga. They've moved on from Han, Luke and Leia, from Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan, and yes, for the moment even Rey, Poe and Finn. Maybe fandom should move on from this too.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Turtletrekker and Allyn Gibson like this.
  19. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

If...IF this actually ever happened, they should just "re-canonize" the EU novels.

Re-canonize...that's a funny word.

I think I only read the Thrawn Trilogy, but it was a really good story.

20. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

I THINK the OP is kidding, his humor is so dry it used to be a United World Organization Security Council member right before the Riddler, Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin showed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.