Did Enterprise fandom dissipate exceptionally thoroughly?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Sumire, Dec 30, 2022.

1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

I just find it interesting that in the finale, Mayweather, Hoshi, Reed, and Phlox weren’t broken up about Trip dying. And in reality, A/T’P shippers weren’t broken up about Trip dying either.

Anna Yolei likes this.
  2. Sumire

Sumire Commander Red Shirt

It has already been established that I get emotional about everything but I find that so difficult to understand. I’m as devoted to my preferred ships as almost anyone (I can think of two characters in all my fandoms that I read more than one pairing for, so call me 99% OTP for life :hugegrin:) but I also love friends and found family. I get very invested in everyone on shows and I am practical enough to mourn the end of a steady paycheck for actors.

I am still upset about the death of TNG’s Tasha Yar. I wish Kes had been kept on Voyager. I watched DS9 less than either of those (surprise, anything called dark or gritty isn’t my jam) but the behind the scenes unfairness leading to Jadzia’s death still rankles. I didn’t ship any of them but death is sad! Especially death of a close friend, which is what Trip was for Archer and T’Pol. Even if you didn’t ship Trip, being so callous about his death seems really strange to me. But, perhaps other people have better emotional boundaries when it comes to fiction. I bet they don’t even run out of the room when someone on screen gets embarrassed. Nerves of steel! :)

Anna Yolei and Richard S. Ta like this.
  3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anna you can get in contact with Shanna Gilkeson about The Delphic expanse she has an e-mail address on her twitter page she's a college professor .

Anna Yolei and Sumire like this.
  4. Lord Hierarch

Lord Hierarch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just found a site called The Delphic Expanse. If only I found its forums a few yea-

Thankfully, the fanfic archives are still up.

Also those image threads :p.

Disposable_Ensign and Anna Yolei like this.
  5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad the stories from the Delphic expanse are still there that's good news

Anna Yolei and Lord Hierarch like this.
  6. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 Commander Red Shirt

Enterprise is actually my favorite of the Star Trek series but I didn’t really get into it until a few years ago. My heart wasn’t in it after 9/11 and I didn’t get good reception for the channel it was on. I started watching reruns and bought the DVDs and just fell in love with it and the characters. I still watch it now and then. I’ve also read the tie-in books. The only episode I refuse to watch is the finale. Trip didn’t die.

7. Disposable_Ensign

Disposable_Ensign Commander Red Shirt

When nitpicking things in quotes, like this or dates, some perspective is useful; consider: if you went out and asked some guy on the street for details of a war from several hundred years ago, the information would be generally correct, but still a little iffy. You can't take general quotes made for effect for granted. And we see visual communication between species that have interacted before, but the Romulans had not been widely encountered yet, so perhaps their visual communication was not compatible. Atomic weapons could theoretically refer to something stronger than your every-day nuke, too. I'm sure that a Romulan war that happened would not be exactly as described, and I would love to see an ENT season five showing it.

Anna Yolei likes this.