DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There should be a Dexter/Burn Notice crossover. Same city. Would Dexter or Michael win in the battle of internal monologues? :)

2. Aaron McGuire

Aaron McGuire Commodore Commodore

That these things didn't make it from the books to the screen is the greatest tragedy of all. :weep:

On a serious note: Whatever you do, do not watch the Julia Stiles interview teaser thingy that the show in between shows on Showtime. I saw it after sunday's episode. It totally blew the whole "What the hell does Julia Stiles have to do with all this?" question and I'm not sure I like the answer.

Aaron McGuire

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i was gonna say grief councelor, but the kids are no longer around. maybe she'll have something to do with the other string of murders going on.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Dexter tries to hire a nanny for Harrison so that he can continue his "extracurricular activities."

5. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ah, much better than the previous two episodes. Dexter & Boyd in the hospital provided some much needed excitement.

Stiles' character definitely has the potential to be very interesting and I was pleasantly surprised to see Queen Katherine as the nanny. :D

6. Aragorn

Well that was nice to see that Stiles wasn't going to be the nanny. But is she really worthy of a "special guest star" credit like Smits and Lithgow?

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Well, "Special Guest Star" credits are contractually negotiated, not linked to any sense of "worth" other than what an actor's agent can negotiate. But, since Stiles has primarily been a film actress in her adult career, it's not surprising that she was able to secure such a credit.

I'm surprised Keith Carradine was never credited in such a way, but I suppose he was fine with the "and" credit as simple guest star.

My roommate couldn't, ahem, locate this episode so it'll be a day or two before I get to see it.

8. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Good episode. :techman: We're off and running now. I wonder how Dexter will deal with this new development. I don't think he has it in him to knowingly kill an innocent, so what will he do? The scenes with Boyd and Dexter provided some much needed tension and humor.

9. Aragorn

She'll Stockholm Syndrome and become his killer sidekick, but she oversteps the boundaries and eventually he'll have to kill her too. It writes itself! ;)

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Very good episode and Dexter looks screwed the more this season goes, I wonder if the writers are backing themselves into a corner though if they choose not to out Dexter by season's end because I can't see a way out for him. He should of left her knocked out at the dudes place because she was in so much shock I doubt she could of provided a coherent description of Dexter to the cops.

Will be very Interesting to see what happens next.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Holy shit. Just as I thought they were going to settle into a comfortable groove for a few eps before starting to ramp things up, they pull the plot twist with Julia Stiles! :eek: I'm glad I didn't read spoilers. I thought she'd be the nanny or child therapist.

The jackass in the premier was innocent of any actual wrongdoing that Dexter knew about, much less anything that would satisfy the Code.

But I don't think Dex has it in him to kill someone who doesn't piss him off royally. ;) Being a pretty blonde female couldn't hurt.

It would be a nice change of pace if Stiles' character manages to survive the season. My other hope is that Deb ends up killing Quinn without realizing that Dexter is a killer. She feels guilt ridden and wants to turn herself in. Dexter prevents her from doing that by confessing to being a serial killer. Now they have something in common and both has to hide the other's secret. That's the season's cliffhanger ending. Tune in next Sept for S6!

On another topic: I assumed going into this season that there was a good reason for Rita's murder, namely to push Dexter into increasingly crazy territory. So far, other than whacking the aforementioned jackass, he doesn't seem significantly crazier than normal. I hope the writers didn't off Rita just so they could clear the field for a new love interest. :wtf:

12. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another good episode but the Batista/laGuerta stuff is still a huge yawner.

13. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    And, worse, it looks like it's turning into another season-long story arc. IA is investigating! Angel may go to prison (didn't he spend enough time there on OZ? ;))! Does anyone care!

14. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I don't. Is this all they can come up with these characters? if so maybe they need to dump one or both of them.

15. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A lumen is a unit measuring light (intensity if I remember correctly,) as well as the empty space inside a tube, artery or the intestines.

Outside SF, characters with funny names are always symptomatic of serious problems in the writing. (It's still something to worry about even in SF.)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I am glad though the internal investigation will hopefully take over the bits about their relationship issues to something a little more juicy.

They need a serial killer who targets cops as an excuse to maybe knock off one of the two ;) or both though I do like Angel.

17. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think we have to worry about that. I remember Michael C. Hall mentioning that at SDCC. Maybe Stiles character will fill in for Cody and Astor though in terms of Dexter's protege.

18. Nomad V

Nomad V Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think we should take bets on how Quinn bites it. He wants to show that picture of Dexter around is going to end badly for him, I'm sure. I wonder if he makes it through the season. The investigation on the bar fight should prove interesting as well.

19. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's any number of ways Quinn's situation could go badly for him. Trinity's son isn't exactly stable minded. Maybe he'll end up taking down Quinn to protect Dexter, who he might realize rescued them from a psychotic father

& ironically, there's quite a few ways that Dexter's situation could go well. These are the only interesting things going on, imo. The religious murder investigation, the Battista thing, just not doing anything for me, & spreading the show a bit thin, too, unless they turn the season on its ear or something, like having the nanny be a nutjob or something

20. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

That would fit right into the Dexter universe wouldn't it? I expect they have a surprise of some sort planned for her, not sure what though.