Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved that Ava's purgatory was a big box store, I can relate.
    I'm happy Ava and Sara addressed their issues, they're one of my favorite Arrowverse couples.
    I'm glad Nora was working with Constantine the whole time, and did not become Neron's host. I've really liked her redemption arc, and I'd hate to see her backtrack. I wonder if they get rid of Constantine after this season, if we could possibly see Nora join the Legends as their new resident magic user?

Teelie likes this.
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It played out oddly. I'd expected the "Ava action figures" scene (glimpsed in the trailer) to be a manifestation of Ava's insecurity about her clone nature. This was supposed to be her purgatory, after all. Yet for some reason it ended up (both that scene and the larger subplot) being less about Ava and more about Sara deciding what she wanted from the relationship.

It's so confusing having two Noras on Arrowverse shows at the same time.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm having a brain fart, who is the other Nora?

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Nora Allan-West on the Flash.

5. Christopher

^Nora West-Allen, but yeah.

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Three Noras if you count Barry Allen's mom...Maybe we should rename the Arrowverse as the Noraverse...

Teelie likes this.
  7. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Must save Marth-erm, Nora!

Teelie and Turtletrekker like this.
  8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Didn't they also confirm Nora Fries on Batwoman?

Teelie likes this.
  9. Christopher

Oh yeah, she was the woman in the Arkham basement in "Elseworlds, Part 2."

Teelie likes this.
  10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So if Nora West-Allen, and Nora Dahrk stick around we'll have three Noras.
    Oh, right, I completely forgot about her.

11. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Nora's are out numbering the Marthas at this point.

12. Christopher

I had a Legends of Tomorrow dream last night that was unusually semi-coherent as dreams go, and that I remember more of than usual. There's a lot I don't remember, but it was the kind of dream where I'm both a viewer and a character in the show at the same time. I was at some kind of meeting or rally where the goddess who was the episode's villain was controlling people's minds, including the Legends, using a glowing blue wine. Since I don't drink, I demurred and remained uncontrolled (and I think some half-awake rational part of my brain was puzzled that I was allowed to get away with that), and I wondered what happened to Zari, since as a Muslim she's presumably a non-drinker too. The episode/dream went on in some stream-of-consciousness way with the Legends being freed somehow, or my dreaming brain just forgetting the mind-control aspect, but the mystery of where Zari was remained.

Then we got to the climax, and when we got to the big confrontation with the deity (now male due to my forgetful unconscious mind), we found that Zari was there, singlehandedly defeating the god because she'd been investigating the legal records and had found that the god had gained his connection to the font of his power through a murder centuries ago, and revealing that fact somehow nullified the god's power and bound him, either because that was how the font of power worked or because the god was subject to the human legal system within my dream logic. So while the other Legends and I were flailing around trying to fight evil the superheroic way and wondering where the hell Zari was, she'd been methodically doing the research so she could solve the whole thing far more easily. Also, in my dream, Zari was a lawyer. Who knew?

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Okay, I've said it before, but it's still true: this show is on drugs . . . in a good way.

Beware the crawling nipple!

14. Christopher

Honestly, I'm finding it a little too silly and meandering lately. I miss the superheroics. And when the superheroics are used, they're used inconsistently. Why didn't Nate stay in Steel form when Ray was beating him up? Although now that I write that, maybe he didn't want his beloved Time Bro to break his own fists so he took the beating instead, which sounds really sweet, but they didn't actually establish it in the episode so it's still a plot hole.

15. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I have almost completely lost interest in this show. Too silly and unfocused. There are so many characters that it’s hard to determine in some episodes why they are even around. It’s like the writers are drunk on the idea that anything silly will work. So they just randomly throw out ideas and see what sticks. In the process of juggling so many ideas and characters some get dropped. That some of the characters have powers is an example.

I was watching a DVD last night and lost track of time. Tuned in half way in. I forgot the time slot changes of Legends and Arrow. I have no intent of watching the part of the episode I missed. Which is ironic because there was a point I had given up on Arrow. But it’s reversed. I want to see Arrow to the end. If Legends went away I would not miss it at this point.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gary turning evil was a big surprise, but after seeing how everyone treats him, it kind of makes sense that he would. It cracked me that thing that turned him was his nipple coming back.
    The Indiana Jones stuff with Nate and Zari was a lot of fun.
    I did not expect Mick to actually reveal that he is Rebecca Silver.
    At this point, I love the characters and generally craziness of the show, that I really don't care about the superheroics or lack of them at this point. We've already got Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl for superheroics, so I'm fine with the focus of Legends shifting away from that some.

Gaith, Ovation and nightwind1 like this.
  17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

OMG, that nipple!
    This definitely sounds like a Christopher dream. :)

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just caught up on the show. It's pretty entertaining in a light and fluffy kind of way. Crawling nipple, Hindu love god musical number, IKEA hell, all were funny.

19. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Dragon Egg?

[​IMG]
    ;)

Caretaker, Ovation and Kai "the spy" like this.
  20. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Fun episode, but I really hope they ditch Gary and Mona.
    And I want more Ray/Nate and more Ava.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some tachyon/nuclear something explosion and agent Carter/Hayley Atwell showed up? :)