Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dodge, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I would be happy if Tom Wilson continued as a regular cast member. The show has been lacking a mature, older presence since Victor Garber left.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hard for me to think of Biff Tannen as mature...

3. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Not me. I got use to it many years ago on "Freaks and Geeks."

Jason

4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Fun episode I like Hank so I hope that he comes back.
    Mona and Gary not so much, they are so not funny.

5. Jayson1

Why don't people like Mona? Don't people like adorkable characters? Also hating Gary almost feels like a sin. I think he should be bumped up to regular. Maybe even given a superpower and costume not that it matters since nobody suits up anymore on the show. You know all it would have taken is for Atom to shrink down and go looses a spark plug or something in the police car and then the car chase would have been over before it started.

Jason

6. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, why don't they suit up anymore?

7. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Commodore Commodore

Arguably because what they do barely necessitates suiting up.

They're travelling to past eras where dressing up in period costumes just makes more sense, so they do it; and pretty much everyone who HAS powers doesn't need a costume to use them (just Ray, since the assorted elements of Firestorm aren't around anymore), so why bother. Besides, the concept of the show has changed from a bunch of not-quite superheroes trying to be superheroes, to a bunch of lovable goofballs trying to do the right thing around the timeline. That's apparently resonated with audiences more than doing a low-budget Avengers / Justice League / team-up series, so they're leaning into it.

Next up, why isn't anyone really using the actual chairs on the bridge anymore? Really they just skip over the time-travelling part to get to the next plot point now, so the ship simply shows up where they need it to be in a quick VFX shot, and on we move...

Mark

Jayson1 and Romulan_spy like this.
  8. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

I get that the show is a 'Superhero' show in name only these days, but one would thing that Ray Palmer - when confronted with Time Bureau Agents would maybe, suit up and do something as The Atom to delay them further, etc. The writers seem to go out of there way to have virtually everyone (except Constantine) NOT use any powers. And while I love the quirky comedy, that's disappointing on occasion.

Thestral and Romulan_spy like this.
  9. Jayson1

I wonder if they will have Mona use here Werowolf powers in future episodes like a power in fights. That is what I am kind of predicting. Maybe they will almost have to give her a uniform by default because she would constantly be tearing up all her clothes.

Jason

10. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Constantine needs to have more of a presence.

11. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Commodore Commodore

He does. When you are spending an episode without Constantine wondering, "hey, where's Constantine?", they're doing it right. :)

That said, this is a show about time-travelling adorable goofballs. For all his tagging along this year, he's only ever been a loner/outsider type, and writing him into a leader type would only be disappointing IMO.

Mark

12. Jayson1

I'm kind of fine with his use. Maybe it's just me but I don't really love the Constantine character. I mean I don't dislike him either but I would be more than willing to trade him for more Victor Garber if that was possible.

Jason

13. Christopher

Except her clothes seemed totally undamaged by her transformation in the diner.

14. theenglish

theenglish Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Hank does come back, I wonder if he will have powers closer to Steel from the comics.

15. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is she adorable?
    I just don't think that she is that or cute.
    And I don't hate Gary, I just don't think his humor/stupidity is funny

16. Christopher

Nate already has those powers and that code name, though he's hardly used them this season. I think the only time we've seen Nate "Steel up" was in the scene where he revealed the truth about the Legends and himself to Hank.

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

$$$

Probably saving all of the super powers for when it will be cost effective.

18. theenglish

theenglish Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nate doesn't have Steel's original abilities. I'm referring to the replaced skeleton version:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Henry_Heywood,_Sr._(New_Earth)

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

20. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe you need reminding, but Beebo IS the crew.
    [​IMG]

Noname Given, Ovation and dodge like this.