DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar approach as we saw with Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad, they don't specifically refer back to the earlier movies, but they are still clearly the same characters, existing in the same world.

Tosk likes this.
  2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The Rock will still show up elsewhere in the DCEU as Black Adam, I'm sure, but regardless of the box office, this movie doesn't really need a sequel.

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I still don't understand why, if WB was going with the DCEU concept, they let Matt Reeves do his own Batman story with a new actor and story outside of the DCEU.

Was it because Reeves just didn't want to play ball, or was it because WB just wanted a new Batman movie and didn't care if it was DCEU or not?

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've found it odd that there's no DCEU standalone Batman movies. I suppose that's because DC is always playing catch up and short-circuiting things to get there. Black Adam had that as well with the Justice Society only just being introduced to viewers and throw in as cannon fodder. Many people have complained about the MCU being too much at times so they might've been better off building things up slowly instead of trying to rush to the payoff movies.

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the movie was originally supposed to be in the DCEU and it was supposed to feature Affleck as both star and director ( and be about Deathstroke ).
    Then Affleck wasn't directing anymore but they were like, "Don't worry, nothing to see here, he's still in it!"
    Then it was Pattinson and not in the DCEU. :shrug:

6. Dee1891

Dee1891 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This was the moment when I realized that WB had lost control of the DCEU.

7. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean....like comic books? Same universe, but adventures continue. No single arc runs forever, so some should find no problem with the MoS-foward foundation characters engaging in / solving or defeating a problem, then moving forward. But that does not necessarily mean experiences that shaped a character are forgotten as if it was an Elseworlds story.

8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Because the letter E in DCEU stands for Extended, and DC has made its comics bread and butter off of the Multiverse and multiple versions of their characters.

9. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The "E" doesn't include anything outside what was started with and connecting to Man of Steel, though. Movies extended from Snyder's Justice League Universe, as it were. Otherwise Titans, Doom Patrol, The Joker and The Batman would all fall under that umbrella, which they don't.

Anwar and Mr. Adventure like this.
  10. Rich Watson

Rich Watson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So word out of an early Aquaman test screening is no Batfleck or Batkeaton. In fact, no Batman at all.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Captaindemotion likes this.
  12. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

The movie won't be released until Christmas next year. Even if there were any test screenings this early, which is doubtful to say the least, it's even more doubtful they'd have made a final decision on whether or not to include the Batman scene or not.

13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I call shenanigans.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  14. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Say, was there an announcement about Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman appearing in Shazam! 2? I just read a CBR article that mentioned it in passing, and I just looked up Gadot's filmography on Wikipedia, and it appears to be true, but somehow I had been totally unaware of this until that article.

15. Rich Watson

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not sure how true it is, but from the IGN article, it sounds like there's a chance that this could end up being a more or less clear slate reboot. Or at least the end of current actors tenures as these characters.

17. Rich Watson

The funniest part will be if Cavill finds himself left with no jobs other than Enola Holmes movies. And it's all The Rock's fault.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Cavill has done a ton of other roles besides Superman and Holmes, and will surely continue to be in demand. He's quite a chameleonic actor in his way.

19. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

I thought he was quite good in Mission Impossible: Fallout

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral