Dark Matter (Firefly ripoff?)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MarsWeeps, Oct 3, 2015.

1. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One episode could have resolved the immediate cliffhangers, but this show left so many dangling plotlines and unanswered questions that it needed at least one full season to wrap things up reasonably.

Gavin70 likes this.
  2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it from start to finish but I don't think it was very good. I think it started out strong but kept getting weaker. It was really messy and struggled to stay on course.

Who pays the bill for the losses?

3. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since the show was based on a comic book, perhaps the comic book provides resolution as to the events that transpired after what was depicted in the last season. I don't know how faithful the show was to the source, though.

Edit: I just looked it up, and the comic book only had four issues. So I doubt it would provide any insight as to what happened after S3 of the TV series.

Kor

4. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

I enjoyes dark matter in the beginning but gave up before the end. I think i only kept coming back for the android. To me it did have a very similar feel to Firefly. In fact i watched the first episode and then got my boyfriend to watch it by saying it felt just like Firefly

5. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

It was annoying that Dark Matter got cancelled but I got over it - it was watchable enough but it wasn't all that good. We know that
    Five and Android
    appear to survive into the relatively distant future but the storylines were meandering so much that I don't expect we'd get a very satisfactory resolution no matter (sic) when the series finished. It didn't seem to me that the overall story arc was very well defined and mapped out as compared to say Babylon 5 or The Expanse.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show started to lose me when Ryo was separated from the crew and left to spout the same angry one-dimensional nonsense week after week. I never felt like it did anything to build up his character or Zairon. It's like when The Walking Dead devotes an entire episode to one character to convey something that could've been accomplished with one segment.

Asbo Zaprudder likes this.