News Daniel Craig signs up for Bond 25, Christopher Nolan in talks to direct

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mach5, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Italian Bystander- You have beautiful daughter!

Lea- :mad:

Starkers and Captaindemotion like this.
  2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Seeing as how you seem to have misunderstood the article's very first sentence, and completely missed the first sentence of the second paragraph, yes, it indeed might just be you. ;)

So why the griping over the idea that might never be a female Bond specifically?

Captaindemotion likes this.
  3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

God I hope Craig and Seydoux have some chemistry this time!

4. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's six words, they're really good ones too.

James. Bond. Is. Still. A. Man.

Yup, you heard that right. No one has actually stated or even suggested that they will gender swap the character.

They've introduced a new character who takes over the job. Bond is still the protagonist.

Simples.

Qonundrum and XCV330 like this.
  5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

There has actually been a lot of discussion about gender-swapping Bond in the media, with Pierce Brosnan saying that they should. Nobody associated with Eon is saying so, but it seems to be silly season in the media regardless.

Qonundrum likes this.
  6. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I thought it was implicit in my post that "no one" would be read as "no one involved in making the film", but you are correct it's been thrown around for years in the rumour mill.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah, in fairness it was. But I got the impression that stngfan was directing his comments at people inside and outside this thread who were saying that Bond should be played by a woman eventually (the thread wet that way after someone posted Pierce's recent comments). Then again, I guess he can speak for himself.

Spot261 likes this.
  8. Gaith

The prospect of there never being a gender-reversed James Bond has literally been compared to black/white segregation upthread, with several others Liking said comment. Which... okayyyyy. :vulcan:

Captaindemotion likes this.
  9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I mean it's not like misogyny on a global scale remains a huge problem rivaling the racism of the segregation era. And it's not like the most globally-popular fictional character of the twentieth century continues to be a symbolic outlet for said misogyny. So I can see where such a comparison might seem a little absurd.

On the other hand, one might argue that such flippant dismissal of the thought might speak to its continued and insidious persistence in western culture.

And, yes, misogyny is exactly what all these petty little fallacies and ill-thought arguments boil down to - and none so conspicuously as "go make another character." It contemptuously implies women aren't good enough to play the most globally-popular fictional character of the twentieth century.

10. Gaith

To state the brain-blastingly obvious, it isn't a question of goodness. James Bond isn't popular because he's a good person, he's popular because he's a manly man. To make him a woman makes about as much sense as making a Transformers movie in which the Autobots and Decepticons are peaceful, folk-music-loving robots who occasionally hold competitive knitting events, with the prize going to whoever makes the cutest sweater. Or as much sense as a Cars movie in which the cars don't ever race, but instead play jazz piano concerts, despite not having hands. Your argument about goodness and merit is a great argument for why the real-world Catholic Church should ordain female priests, but it's nonsensical vis-a-vis the character of James Bond, especially when the franchise already has female operatives who both equal and surpass him in rank.

Now, if you dislike the James Bond character and franchise, and want to see it tank for its own sake, that's perfectly fine. I personally hate the Transformers and Cars franchises, and would be happy to see them fail so hard and the notion of them ever being revived would be a perennial source of cheap jokes. But at least I'm honest about all that. ;)

TREK_GOD_1 and jaime like this.
  11. Samurai8472

This week it was rumored that Sting and someone named Jack Savoretti would be working on the "No time to Die" opening song. Now it looks official.

https://twitter.com/marketto007/status/1177195867113172993

[​IMG]

Also mentioned that a trailer and poster are coming soon. I didn't know this but apparently October 5th is James Bond day.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is? I would have thought October 7th would make more sense, since you kind of get 007 out of that date (10/07).

13. Samurai8472

Nope. Apparently it's October 5th. Although 10/07 would have made more sense I agree

https://www.007.com/global-james-bond-day/

The Wormhole likes this.
  14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

In other words, someone in 1962 (or 61) screwed up! :p

The Wormhole and Starkers like this.
  15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Except that would only work in America, where we express dates as MM/DD; in the UK, 10/07 would be read as 07/10.

Qonundrum likes this.
  16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, yeah, whatever. :p

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Worth remembering as well that before decimalisation 007 was actually 00three and sixpence

18. Samurai8472

It's wrap. Daniel Craig has finished filming "No time to Die" Time to get plastered. Daniel Craig got a bit drunk

https://twitter.com/springhousese/status/1175693900276801536

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/da...peech-for-bond-25-081459199.html?guccounter=1

19. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

So, when it's October 7th here in the US, it will be July 10 in the UK?

Huh. I did not know that.....

20. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

It's very confusing; we have 12 months, but they have 31. ;)

The Wormhole and CorporalCaptain like this.