CW Looking to Add New Arrowverse Series in 2020

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

tvline

I’d like to see a series that explores the supernatural side of the DC universe. Like a Zatanna or Dr. Fate. Of give Constantine another go.

What would you like to see?

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

What is it, an ArrowVerse show, or a DC property? Because those are not the same thing. iZombie is a DC property.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The article specifies that this would be an Arrowverse show.

As I mentioned in the Crisis thread, Batman Beyond would be an interesting choice and it could follow up in storylines established in Arrow.

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Maybe a Justice League Dark show with Constantine, Zatanna, Fate, and a few others. Although Legends has been treading similar ground the past couple of seasons.

Or how about a high fantasy show like Amethyst or Warlord?

Or how about they pay off last season's hints about John Diggle and make him the lead of a Green Lantern show?

5. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they are saving The Green Lantern for the movies. Jason

6. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Personally, I'd say just pull a Legends of Tomorrow (use a mix of existing and new characters to the Arrowverse), put it in the timeframe of adult William and Mia and do a take on Young Justice.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

A John Stewart Diggle GL show would be nice. Maybe a little too SFX heavy for weekly TV, though. Especially if it went deep into the SF aspects of the GLC.
    A supernatural based show would be interesting since "Supernatural" is ending so I find @Christopher 's JLDark idea appealing. Maybe call it "Hellblazers" since I assume "Justice League" is a movie thing.
    I don't suppose the CW would want Swamp Thing.

8. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Or at the very least, maybe spin-off one of the existing side characters into their own show. Elongated Man, Mr. Terrific, Martian Manhunter and/or several others could carry their own show.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The Green Lanterns in the comics have tended to hang around Earth most of the time anyway. And the Arrowverse has done some impressively big FX sequences, including stories set in space.

I was wondering if they might rescue him as a supporting character like they did with Constantine. But maybe that show was a bit too adult and/or horror-oriented to fit?

10. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed; the CW shows have been notorious for lowballed EFX of higher concept fantasy elements, so it is highly doubtful a Green Lantern show--of all things the CW could adapt--would be treated as it should be. That, and its GL is getting its proper adaptation for film soon enough (hopefully forever erasing that awful 2011 version).

11. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I honestly don't understand this mentality that Green Lantern can't be done without a massive budget; if you distilled the GLC mythos down to its essence and treated the constructs as if they're the "standard" arsenal of a regular police force, there really isn't any reason you can't do things with the kind of budget that a network like The CW would likely be able to bring to bear.

12. Jayson1

How about a Mick and alternate earth Snart teamup show or rogues gallery villian show set in Arkham prision. Jason

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What I would've liked to have seen
    was an Emiko as Green Arrow continuation series.
    Alas, we won't get that. What I'm guessing we might get is a series about Oliver and Felicity's daughter, with Connor Hawke.

Diggle as Green Lantern would be cool and I think that it's doable on the CW. They do okay with the special effects when it comes to Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl. Also, they did a good job on Smallville over a decade ago, and so I think they could pull off a Diggle-Green Lantern series; especially if they keep him on Earth a lot.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see them find a corner of the DCU they haven't really touched yet.

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

Wonder Woman! Oh, wait. Never mind.

16. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love a Legion of Super-Heroes show, but I do think that's a case where a TV budget (particularly a CW TV budget) couldn't do the concept justice.

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Detective Chimp or nothing.

Greg Cox likes this.
  18. Jayson1

Maybe we could see some of the characters from Powerless. Also maybe Kevin Smith would allow Bluntman and Chronic become DC characters. Jason

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Green Lantern Jessica Cruz would be a good fit with the CW

Serveaux, Tuskin38 and The Realist like this.
  20. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Random thoughts in no particular order: -
    I'd like to see 'Birds of Prey', possibly spun off from the future storyline in 'Arrow'.

'GCPD' seems like a no-brainer for a semi-serialised procedural TV show, though perhaps a little too gritty for CW.

Bringing 'Constantine' back solo might be doable I suppose, or spin him off into a supernatural team show.

Something Fourth World related might be possible, though they'd have to introduce some plot conceit to keep it within the scope of a TV budget. Like say; The Forever People undercover on Earth fighting a cold war with Apokolips. Or both Apokolips and New Genesis have vanished and a bunch of the b-listers from both sides are stranded on Earth with no clue what happened. Either way there's plenty of material to mine there that I'm pretty sure the Arrowverse hasn't even touched on yet.

Green Lantern as a space police procedural could be amazing, but I think there's very little chance it can be done justice on a TV budget.