crossovers that could've worked

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The Four Doctor, May 21, 2015.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

masters of the universe movie 1987 Sylvester McCoy's first story Time and the Rani If the movie sets still existed.. a Good Doctor mission would be on Eternia..

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This idea might be better suited for the "pet theories" thread as there would have been no practical way for a "crossover" when the material debuted, 1964.

But I think "The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao" would have fit well within the Who-niverse. In fact, I'd like to believe that Lao is actually the Time Lord once known as K'ampo Rampashi from "Planet of the Spiders". Do I have any "points" to argue my case? Well, nothing infallible. Someone can surely poke holes in the concept. But you can't deny Barbara Eden's character observes something about the circus "tent" that one normally hears when someone first experiences the TARDIS, "It seems far bigger on the inside than the outside!" Lao seems to assume his different guises instantly, having no adequate time to change costumes. As the fortune teller Appollonius, he seems to have knowledge of future events. He "fishes" from a long dead dried up stream and yet reels in a live trout! Maybe that rod is projecting the line into the past when the stream was still flowing? Plus, like the Doctor, Lao seems have a genuine concern for the welling being for the Abalone citizens. True, the "threat" is not galactic in scale, but sometimes the Doctor just likes to hand a toy to a crying child. Besides, if he is Rampashi, he could be playing a "long game". By ensuring the continuance of Abalone at that time, a "domino effect" might be triggered to ward off something far more deadly in years or centuries to come, halfway across the galaxy.

Besides, Tony Randall just has a concern charisma that would work well for a benevolent Time Lord.

Just my oddball thought for the day. Can you guess I watched the movie last night?

3. the vet

the vet Lieutenant Red Shirt

iirc "The 7 Faces Of Dr Lao offers another expalnation for the Loch Ness Monster, as if the Whoniverse needed another one of those!