Create a show for Patrick Stewart to star in?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jayson, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always hoped Stewart would return to tv someday and it would be awesome to see him get something from HBO,Showtime etc. What if you had to create a show that would feature his talents what would it be?

My show would center around a modern day war between America and the British were the show follows both sides of the war. Stewart would be the Prime Minisiter of Britian on the show. You would have a equal heavweight as the American President.

Jason

2. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How about one where he's the Captain of a Starship....oh and one of his crew is an Android.:techman:

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I was going to suggest a show where he plays a telepathic, paralyzed starship captain with a crew of mutants and one android. Cyclops/Geordi is their Chief Engineer.

4. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

And he's working for the CIA and is after Mel Gibson.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, first of all, it'd have to be a show made in Britain, and one with short enough seasons that it wouldn't get in the way of his stage career. I don't think he's likely to be easily lured back to Hollywood on a continuing basis.

It's also worth keeping in mind that he's 71 years old, so he couldn't be an action lead. Perhaps it could be a straight drama or comedy, or perhaps he could be a supporting player in a series with a younger lead or leads (or most likely both). And maybe he's had his fill of sci-fi, so if you wanted to create a show he'd like to star in, it might be best to try for a genre he hasn't done extensively. Perhaps a mystery series, with Stewart as the detective.

6. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

I could see a Police/Legal drama in which he is either the Chief of police or a judge, maybe the District Attorny. It should be HBO/FX/Showtime, somewhere where language and scenes in general can get a little flavorful.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

A comedy from the mind of Chuck Lorre

;)

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh, really? Surely there are enough cop or lawyer shows already? :p

I'd like to see him do a reality show in which he takes schlubby guys and gives them makeovers in cool, collected manliness/badassery.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Stewart is the founder/director/lead actor of a Shakespearian acting troupe on the verge of bankruptcy. It's saved when a hollywood star invests in the troupe in an attempt to become a "serious actress". Hilarity ensues in a battle of the sexes, ages and cultures.

10. Gaith

Love it! :bolian:

11. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

Oh there are but are most of them any good? And do any have the commanding prescence of Stewart?:vulcan:

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

The British version of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

/thread

13. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I've had an idea for a while, though I see it more as a movie, had it since Generations and after watching the Shat's 'The Captains' (which is very, very good btw), this is it:

Two ageing detectives, one British and one American (guess who?), get together to crack one last case, the case that they've each worked on from different directions at different times, to finally defeat a mastermind. It's set just after WW2. We get a few glimpses of them in the past in the 30s, and hints of different adventures. Two legends, one last case.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps he could join Law & Order: UK?

Or how about this: CSI: London :D

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would be one short war. :rommie:

Hey how about a future Mad Max-y scenario where disputes are handled by personal combat. For the U-S-A!!! I nominate Nick Fury himself, Mr. Samuel L. Jackson.

Sam ain't no spring chicken himself, so it's a good matchup.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's an overconfident statement for ya, considering it's a pretty bad idea. Stewart really isn't the comedic type, and certainly not the Jewish-nebbish comedic type (or whatever the British equivalent might be, I figure some working class schlub, maybe one of those guys with indecipherable accents?)

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

He could be a postman who has adventures with his cat - it could be called Postman Patrick.... hum... that's not quite right....

18. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'd put him in a comedy as the irascible headmaster of an all-boys' school who finds himself frequently in trouble with women. The problem is compounded when the school goes co-ed and he now has to work with a vivacious, free-spirited deputy headmistress. His ex-wife moving back into town doesn't help matters either.

19. Gaith

By sheer dint of numbers, there are plenty of decent/watchable cop and lawyer shows, yes, and it isn't at all uncommon for them to have very good actors in lead roles. Vincent D'Onofrio, for instance, gave terrific performances in L&O: CI, but now that the show's over, will anyone give a crap about it in five, ten years?

Of course! Take my Stewart reality show in which he gives dudes romantic advice, and ad the much-married Shat. Television gold!

20. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I like it. I'd also add another sci-fi Shakespearean, James Marsters, to the cast. And I think Stewart's character should be gay (mostly because I'm having flashbacks to that episode of Frasier where he played a gay theatre director who was "dating" Frasier).