Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid Saga Continues

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Booji

Booji The artist formerly known as FlavaFlav Premium Member

2. Booji

3. Booji

Season 3 trailer is out...

4. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks good. Looks like we are going to get some good moments too like Amanda slapping Kreese and Danny Larusso and Jonny Lawrence joining forces.

Random_Spock likes this.
  5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

+ Return of Kumiko and Chosen from Karate Kid 2

Trailer looks so awesome and a fantastic way to start off 2021, i can't wait.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  6. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I never watched this show but getting damn curious now. I watched the movies on TV when they were regularly broadcast. But thinking back on them they feel a bit cheesy to me taken in today's context. That's why I haven't watched this new show so far.

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

The tv show is fully in context of today, except for Johnny, everyone is perfectly adapted to the 21st century.

nightwind1, Saul and Skipper like this.
  8. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't wait to see Kumiko and Chozen again, I hope their place in the story is satisfying.

9. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Then in season 4, Hilary Swank shows up out of nowhere to challenge Daniel for ownership of Miyagi Do. :guffaw::guffaw:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Kahlesh likes this.
  10. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Quick clip from season 3 before it goes into the trailer.

Booji likes this.
  11. Booji

Cobra Kai release date has moved up to January 1st!

12. StarMan

StarMan Custom Title Pending Premium Member

[​IMG]

137th Gebirg and Booji like this.
  13. Romulan_spy

There is a scene in episode 4 when Daniel visits Mr. Miyagi's hometown in Okinawa that is incredibly moving.

nightwind1, Booji and FreezeC77 like this.
  14. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Great season. Season 2 was good but never felt on the level of season 1. That first season was such a huge surprise and that next season did not advance things much and ended with a ridiculous fight in the school. The cops should have been involved to stop it much sooner.

This new season finally has a lot payoff and advancements of the story. I need to and want to rewatch everything now. Kreese finally pays of his appearance at the end of season 1. My memory of season 2 is vague. He seemed to lack the edge expected of him. Here that is back in full force and they also gave him an added human dimension with his backstory.

I was pleased to learn that young girl that Daniel saved in Part II was played by the same actress as an adult. She has had a long career as an actress since that was her debut decades ago.

My biggest laughs were on Johnny’s use of Facebook. Not good to like every single photo your ex girlfriend has posted! LOL oh and his ex... WOW often people say someone looks better with age to be polite. But she really does. Hopefully she is back.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

The growth spurt for the youngest LaRusso child is sure evident with seasons 2-4 taking place over 12 months. And he'll have aged 5 years when season 4 comes out.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Commodore Commodore

So did they film in Okinawa or in Hawaii for true Karate Kid 2 authenticity? :biggrin:

The development of Johnny/Daniel relationship is nice and having Ali help be one of the final pieces to bridge their gap was great.

I felt like the LaRusso house fight was too much trying to copy the past fights in the series and seemed over the top imo.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Romulan_spy and Dick Whitman like this.
  17. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

That was my thought on the fighting in their house too. At least it did not truly end with that as the cliffhanger again. It ended more with Johnny and Daniel fighting Kreese and joining their dojos.

I love this show but question how long it can last if every year they feel the need to top the previous big group fights. Nor can they constantly build towards the tournament. The best thing about the show is the character stuff not the fight scenes.

In an interview with the actor who plays Chozen said they really did film some exterior scenes in Okinawa. Which was a shock to me due to all the Okinawa scenes in Part II having been filmed in Hawaii.

Great to see Ed Asner again. He just turned 91.

FreezeC77 likes this.
  18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    It definitely isn't like the films. My wife decided to try it and we ended up working our way through it over the holidays. I am not a huge fan of the films, but am familiar enough to appreciate what is done. There are flash backs, using the films, but it is definitely an interesting tale, following up with the characters set in a modern setting. Nothing is quite as it seems with out the story unfolds.

I would recommend it.

Saul likes this.
  19. Romulan_spy

Finished S3. Loved it! Really good. Yeah the fight in the house was a bit repetitive but the ending was great. Really good flashbacks, and great character arcs.
    My favorite parts were Okinawa, reunion with Ali and the ending with the Daniel and Jonny joining dojos

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

That was a nice fakeout with the person they set up to make you think was Terry Silver.