News Cho’s Concerns About Sulu

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by AutoAdmin, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

There really is no issue with Prime Sulus sexualityHe was a Hetero because Takei has said as much. He would know he played the character for years. Unless some canon tells us that Prime Sulu was gay or a bisexual we have to assume he was a hetero.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm...

FTFY

We don't have to 'assume' anything. i know this can be rough for Trekkies to hear, but...the characters aren't real people. They're the eventual products of various writers imaginations.

[​IMG]

They don't have a 'default' attraction to anybody, unless we see or hear about it.

3. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

It does if the universe is meant to be the past of the universe Spock came from but changed due to Nero.
    The change confirms my personal fanon that it is a different universe and not just a change in the timeline of Spock's reality. IOW Prime is not only from the future, he is from another universe.
    Sulu, Chekov and Uhura are genetically different from their Prime counterparts, they have different birthdates from their Prime counterparts, so they are not the same people at all - different egg met a different sperm. This fits my why nuSulu is gay canon.

4. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ This.

5. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

And yet people insist on making comments on a fictional universe by joining a forum dedicated to it.

mos6507 likes this.
  6. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did I say anything about fictional things being unworthy of conversation?

Seriously, what parts of Dennis or my posts does this comment even relate to?

7. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pubert answered you before you even asked.

8. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

The augment canon was put into the Bashir character during the show. There are no instances of TOS Sulu being written as gay in the series or movies. He clearly had a liking for women due to his reaction to Ilia in the motion picture. The character was obviously not conceived as a gay man and Takei played him that way. Also you accidently put me as writing the Siddig comment about him playing Bashir. I never brought that up before on any board so that comment is not mine.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Illia's people, as I've said, have the power to project arousal, even force it on people if they please. They're the creepiest race in Trek.

And these are invented characters, we have little or nothing to go on with some of them, which is all perfectly free to be changed anyway by those in charge.

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

'Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.