News Charges Against Lien Dropped

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AutoAdmin, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just hope she can get her life back on track. We have no clue what happened to get her this far. Hopefully, she has people she can fall back on. Friends and family to support her. But in the end, she needs to do it herself. When my brother was in rehab, there was a slogan on the wall: Only you can do it, but you can't do it alone. I think that's very applicable here as well.

So, here's hoping she can find the drive and need to change, and the support to help her do it.

2. Travis James

Travis James Cadet Newbie

A much as I loved Kes/Lien.....I gotta say that I am wondering if it were a MALE actor that did what she did that worked in Star Trek, if the charges would have been dropped and you're would be support. Everyone is saying that they hope Lien gets her life together, but I have my suspicions that the word, "paedophile," would be being used if it were a man that did the exact same thing she did.

Shaka Zulu and mos6507 like this.
  3. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's face it, not everyone's pleased with this verdict -- and they won't ever be, no matter how justified it was. But, they'll just have to lump it, won't they? Besides ...

Ms. Lien will always have to live with knowing that there are those around the world who feel she "got away" with something. Aspects of her own community will be feeling that way, as well. It's not as though some great, big "Reset" button were pushed and everything's all pizza and færie tales, from now on.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  4. LonelyGirl

LonelyGirl Ensign Red Shirt

She was having an emotional crisis. And those neighbors likely riled her up further. She was not trying to hurt anyone or be sleazy. smh.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  5. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

I have to agree with this

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  6. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

That's the weird thing about actors. You identify them with behaving like a character does, or you assume if they are the bad guy they probably don't act like the character does, and then some of them really go out of bounds of anything you would expect of someone who appeared on film. If a haggard, unshaven Patrick Stewart appears on Cops running away nude through a McDonald's parking lot, I'll declare civilization over.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Akiraprise likes this.
  7. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Considering that Lien just flashed her chest, if a man had done the exact same thing she did there would've been no charges filed.

Shaka Zulu likes this.