CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even non-existent people hate Alec. Now THAT is an accomplishment.

2. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

the axanar supports have become less supporters of something and more about just attacking the haters now.

dmac likes this.
  3. mirrormatt86

mirrormatt86 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

wtriker1701, Amaris, Campe and 5 others like this.
  4. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

Thing is, what will matter as legacy on this will be whatever book or investigative piece in long form that is written by someone credible who gets an independent itch about it someday. The summation/summary of the facts.

The content this author will eventually research is already out in the groups, blogs, commentaries, etc (less any links to material which gets taken down before the book writing).

The crux will be that there is no way to justify Alec's intent at the time to build a for profit non-Trek studio based on a succession of "we need even more" fundraisers, leveraging the fan-film carve-out in Trek IP. That this was a plan to build a private asset, not an accident.

The timeline and cashflow is clear. The many attempts to offer false statements to divert is clear.

This intent is just not going to get buried or rewritten no matter what they do from now forward. Mr. Lane's blog isn't going to matter. Alec's blogs aren't going to matter. "Putting it all behind us" isn't going to matter. Even somehow attaching to some legitimate project in Hollywood and riding back into town isn't going to matter.

Meantime, Hollywood is not my beat, however I would guess Hollywood has an exceptional ability to smell business flimflammery and superficial talent and shut it out.

So good luck Mr. Lane in your pointless crusade to rescue the reputation of Axanar. You aren't going to wash away the fact that a vast amount of fan money was spent on a studio for the principals to build their careers upon. That is just unforgiveable, as fan things go.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    wtriker1701, jespah, Campe and 3 others like this.
  5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

My response to Mr. Lane's Blog on that particular subject (that I'm sure the public will never see on that site):
    :rommie:

Campe, Jedman67 and jespah like this.
  6. muCephi

Csalem likes this.
  7. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Well, I am a real life Ninja.... as Lazarus Long said, the best way to lie is to tell the absolute truth, but tell it so unconvincingly that nobody believes you!!!

wtriker1701 likes this.
  8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Never heard of 'em. Certainly never saw them in the Axamonitor FB group, the primary "hater" group still in existence.

Sounds like Laney's just upset they had a troll in their midst over in Small Access. :p

9. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I've never heard of that person. Of course, I don't get out as much as I used to. Too busy making fan films, you know.

10. RedForman

RedForman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who cares what the haters think at this point? Axanar's DEAD and as long as LFIM spends more time running his mouth than he does actually producing anything of substance, it will stay that way. Cawley did an end run around LFIM inking that deal with CBS (the fan-film school thing) and I'm pretty sure any serious professionals in the business don't regard LFIM as anything other than a joke or a third-rate hustler. The true believers need to wake up.

11. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"professionals in the business don't regard LFIM as anything other than a joke or a third-rate hustler. The true believers need to wake up."

This statement pretty much says it all.

12. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

13. RedForman

RedForman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

#IAmNikkySnyder

Seriously, not to drag politics into this, but Lane is starting to make S**** B***** look like a Nobel prize winner.

wtriker1701 and jespah like this.
  14. Jedi_Master

Lane is a sycophant. His Lord and Master is sleeping on somebody else's couch, moseying around town playing toys with his buddies. Alec was supposed to be a big shot now, not a 50plus year old man living like a teenager on his summer break, so he is humiliated. When he is humiliated the best remedy is to whistle up one of his lickboots and have him attack somebody, ANYBODY to get the heat off of him.
    Lane delivers by writing one of the most useless blogs he has ever written.

15. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

16. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Significant detractor, my ass.

I'd seen "her" posts and actually recognized the news set in the background from a TV station in a town I worked at once upon a time. I never did any digging because who cares? Lane gives a lot of clues to be able to find this reporter's true identity. I wasn't familiar with the reporter as I was about to leave that city when she started (and I didn't have a lot of time for TV news then) but I was able to find her pretty quickly.

While whoever created this false account was probably not doing the smartest thing, I think this is extremely reckless on Lane's part, shedding light on an individual who truly has no part in this story. As always, I am more annoyed than anything with the Axaminions.

Amaris, RedForman and Jedi_Master like this.
  17. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nuh uh. He made the award-winning, super-awesome-amazing Prelude, and he also made the dazzling 2-minute Vulcan Scene which is better than anything you've ever seen before, and has several half-built sets that are super-amazing!

Stop saying he's produced nothing!!

wtriker1701 likes this.
  18. muCephi

And don't forget: by comparison, you, all of you who dare to question, you have done nothing with your lives by comparison. Nothing!

19. Jedi_Master

Amaris, RedForman, jespah and 2 others like this.
  20. muCephi

You know... that fake news reporters' fake avatars' fake denouncers' fake unmaskers' fake boycotters' fake IP holders' fake screenwriters' fake new casts' fake Garth who will certainly show up in that stolen show.

Amaris, Sgt_G and Jedman67 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.