CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

1. RedForman

RedForman Captain Captain

RMB saw the light though (not sure if the merciless trolling on twitter and elsewhere had anything to do with that)..........

Admiral2 and wtriker1701 like this.
  2. GeorgeKirk

GeorgeKirk Commodore Commodore

Exactly. Pay no attention to anything he said in the past--there is no past. Only hatery hating haters who never accomplished anything in their lives would accuse him of paying himself a salary just because he said in public on multiple occasions that he was doing just that.

We need to pay attention to what really matters: that Jonathan Lane's kid had fun when they helped out at Alec's studio that one time. That makes all of this okay. Anyone who says otherwise is hated by the Axanar team.

Admiral2, wtriker1701 and Jedi_Master like this.
  3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Seeing as he composed the latest round of financial "reports" when under duress from a lawsuit, it was easy to make all the numbers match. Of course, IRL what he did was at the very least unethical, but what does he care? It's Christian's fault!

Admiral2, Campe98 and wtriker1701 like this.
  4. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

yes it was, some the lines are a tad bit forced, but on Earth we have a saying C'est la vie

ThankYouGeneR, Admiral2 and jespah like this.
  5. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

hate to say it but Evil Carl would Crowdfund the engineering set for Aannihilate Deneva the untold story from the pankcakes side of the story ....make it, then Crowdfund the transporter and hallway for the Real housewives of Zetar, make it, then Crowdfund an alien ship for Brokeback Qonos the true Story of Kahless, make it, then Crowdfund the bridge for the FOUR YEARS of WAR. Nothing to do with Axanar.... so we are up to what 200K having already built some of these, he could legally "buy" them from himself pocket the latinum and then donate them privately to the Axanar ..or sell them again to himself (with some deprecation) of course at this point I think someone would smack him silly ... and CBS would say that's all folks

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Admiral2 likes this.
  6. KennyB

KennyB Knight of Ren Premium Member

ax.PNG

7. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

There is merchandise from every scene at the house of Alec Peters
    All the merchandise is for free with a donation to Alec Peters
    For a sense of fighting JJ's films
    and keeping star trek pure
    Come to Alec Peters
    The broker of props

Admiral2 likes this.
  8. RedForman

RedForman Captain Captain

KennyB, wtriker1701 and dmac like this.
  9. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that the fact that he will NEVER work on any Star Trek project EVER again has made him slightly bitter. Or it could just be beer-thirty, and he's feeling a little frisky.

KennyB, Admiral2, Campe98 and 2 others like this.
  10. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

Well, lets do a little math

If he could do a successful 50k fundraiser each 2 months,

300k/year gross
    -8% min kickstarter fees = 24k
    -5% perks and fulfillment = 15k (guess)
    - studio rent about 40k/year
    - utilities in a steady production environment, 2k/month? = 24k/year
    50k/year for sets, video equipment new per year (probably low)
    nonprofit status
    - administrative overhead for operating a nonprofit = 10k/year (bookkeeping, board meetings, etc)

leaves for the 6 productions a budget of 137k

so he could net 137k, and out of that has to pay for all the unique costs of 6 productions

If he could keep their expenses to about 40k, he could net 100k/year.

So the crowdsourcing channel isn't a fountain of money.

He could tell other productions to fundraise, and then take a cut of their money. If he could take 30% of their money, and get 6 of THEM to come each year, that would be another 100k per year.

So he could perhaps clear 200k/year for things like salaries. Not a lot to work with.

This all assuming there is interest for a dozen nonserialized productions a year and they all can attract the full 50k funding.

He would have to bank on building a private mailing list, or bring products to market, or make money on the drinks (rent the facility), to really go anywhere.

But then there's that pesky NONPROFIT thing. Gets in the way of ever really cashing in.

And that pesky THE WORLD KNOWS WHAT YOU DO thing, too.

It really seems to come down to trying to establish credibility as a production studio. Then win some big contract and spin off into a for profit company.

Basically the same strategy as before. Likely without any change of approach. And no giant extra million to play with. And big obstacles to really attracting talent in the target industry, due to history. And the fact that making Trek shorts isn't necessarily the gateway into anything except one might speculate, getting subcontracts for drudge work second unit scenes or cgi work or the like. Hmm.

Jedi_Master and wtriker1701 like this.
  11. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

dmac likes this.
  12. GeorgeKirk

GeorgeKirk Commodore Commodore

I guess someone still believes that Internet petitions can somehow rewrite reality. BRB, I'm going to start a petition to turn atom bombs into cupcakes and make Mr. T the President.

13. BillJ

BillJ Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least that person realizes Peters is a huge problem.

KennyB likes this.
  14. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Captain Captain

Indeed, and If I may? His demonstrated and documented management of this project Is 'The' huge problem.

15. Mytran

Mytran Commodore Commodore

It has been suggested elsewhere that this "petition" is simply a lure by the Axalites to identify the names and email addresses of their main detractors

KennyB likes this.
  16. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commander Red Shirt

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    "Vote to remove the Alex Peters..." Wonderful grammar!

Or should that be "Vote to remove the Alex Peters..." because of his infamy?:techman:

17. jespah

jespah Commodore Commodore

Ah pity the foo.

Jedi_Master and Admiral2 like this.
  18. Mytran

Mytran Commodore Commodore

I'm impressed that it isn't "Teh Alec PEters" - he clearly took his time typing this one! :biggrin:

jespah likes this.
  19. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Captain Captain

You know.............

I just went there and my software immediately alerted me to a Keylogger embedded there somewhere.

I am right now running my various anti-virus/malware software to see if I picked something up from the site.

It might well be a new Watering Hole Trap site set up by any entity that possibly has zero interest 'in', any connection 'to', or opinion or position 'on' any of this. Or even Star Trek itself.

Or a fake Data Collection website targeting alllll of us; donor/supporters, activists dissenting, casual observers, the curious.

Alllll of us in Fandom.

I strongly suggest that webpage be avoided as a possible malware/ransomware delivery site. And probable Data Collection site that may just as probably totally UNrelated to Star Trek and thiswholething.

Or, sure, it could be an extremist rogue supporter. BUT it could just as easily be anything else at all!

So, for me, without any confirmation of such a thing I think it ill-advised for me to give such a theory or rumor any credit or voice whatsoever.

Another red flag I saw written there was that the info or letter or 'something' was going to be sent to a suspicious to me looking 'Trek fans'. Just Trek Fans.

I strongly recommend spreading that rumor instead: *i* got a Keylogger alert there. Spread that. I speculate it is nefarious business not connected in any way at all with thiswhole thing. Quote me and spread that if anyone so desires.

I very strongly unquestionably Believe rumors like that one about Us or Them should be Resisted at every level by every position holder every side on thiswholething.

The reality of Star Trek fandom is that not only does it have loyal fans who are really good people.... it also has fans who are disturbed & dangerous to themselves and their surroundings so it is good to watch out for each other. And as I often think in 'Star Trek' I remind myself to stay aware of what was demonstrated in The Drumhead when in my own life I try to stand against things that truly need to be exposed like was demonstrated in Conspiracy.

Anyway :) put space buoys around that site. Tell others to do the same. Tell them: "Danger, warning, Will Robinson!"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Admiral2 likes this.
  20. dmac

dmac Captain Captain

Remove "The Ale(x)c Peters from what?
    No Script
    No Studio
    No Cast
    No Director
    No Idea
    No building
    No Sound
    No boom mic
    Garth Left him
    Hatch is on the Grand Stage
    No fan base
    No Millions of Male Reindeers
    No Coffee
    Perks includes a free download of Rose colored glasses.

Jedi_Master and Admiral2 like this.