CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeKirk

GeorgeKirk Commodore Commodore

I've said it before, Alec is in the wrong business. If your entire business model is duping people into giving you money in exchange for the feeling of belonging to something bigger than themselves plus nebulous future benefits they'll never actually receive, why would you be anything other than a TV evangelist? I mean, the MAGA Star Trek crowd are a gullible bunch, but there aren't enough of them to support you long-term.

2. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Start investing in mascara and Kleenex now. You heard it here first.
    [​IMG]

KennyB, Firebird, GeorgeKirk and 3 others like this.
  3. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

dmac likes this.
  4. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

And we are only 1200 views away from 1.5m! Stay positive people!

Pindar, wtriker1701 and jespah like this.
  5. mirrormatt86

mirrormatt86 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Alec has today agreed to sit down in my LA studio to talk candidly about all of his life to this point. What made him the man he is today? Why did he pursue CBS & Paramount for the duration of 2016? Just what does RMB do in his edit suit at Industry Studios all day?

Of course, Mike Bawden will join in via a phone link to ensure I don't veer too far in to hater territory. I'm very much looking forward to this special edition of The Trekzone Spotlight.

6. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

Is it already April 1 in Australia?

7. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't care if Alex was able to collect one or two million dollars to make a fan film. You ask for money, donors step up, you assemble your team and make the best fan film with the money possible. Fan Films do not subcontract the work out to professionals and then enter said piece of work competitively with other fan films, true there is no written rule on that I'm aware of, I'm sure it hasn't been considered before except the part about the buying and selling of unlicensed product.
    I'm about the 1st one on here that will applaud any new venture into a fan film.
    If you would, could you please ask Alec how he defines "A Fan Film"?
    Thanks much in advance
    Dave.

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

In all seriousness, I really don't get why you're giving him another soapbox. He's just doing this to try and eek out more donations to this whole debacle; and I'm sure however the actual interview turns out, Alec Peters and Mike Bawden will spin it like a top is some positive direction for this 'project'. At this point it appears you've ventured into simple 'click-bait' territory here - sorry to say.

Potemkin_Prod, ThankYouGeneR and dmac like this.
  9. muCephi

Interesting. Brings to mind the last episode of Stargate Universe.

dmac likes this.
  10. dmac

What are you saying, Last episode of Stargate Universe? There will be more, Right?

11. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I will be listening but I admit to having concern regarding the timing of the consent for interview. That its timing is to create another platform to display a besought and besieged misunderstood visionary whose only goal has ever and from childhood been to bring honor and loving homage. Of a deeply sincere person who would not, could not, has never done harm in word or action to anyone in any past present or future business practices.

Which if accomplished in your interview will be an utterly brilliantly timed business move to reinvigorate and turn around the interviewee's currently flagging crowdfund support.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  12. dmac

13. ThankYouGeneR

Oh. Wait. By hater will mr. bawden mean facts as they exist and examination of responsibility for one's actions will not be part of the interview do you think? That it should be more of a fluffy puff piece on the defendant?

mirrormatt86 likes this.
  14. muCephi

I think the notes of caution are in order. Alec has shown unwavering determination to use every possible venue to sell his official story rather than actually answer any questions with objective information. He has shown so little regard for the intellect of listeners that he has spent years shouting down and censoring even his own supporters asking reasonable questions. He redirected so much money from a very rich fundraising history that even a fan film could not get created. That's just outrageous.

Its hard for me to imagine he would let his guard down in any way at all for one more interview. Forcing his views on others and slamming down and disappearing anything that implies alternative takes around his projects has been his 1000% goto reflex when challenged.

Its disappointing to reach this conclusion about someone, but he has earned it. I do suggest you try to assess early on whether he is playing you. Have a strategy for discussion that doesn't corner you into being steamrollered into being passive towards outrageous statements, if he's just selling the same old stuff.

Best of luck.

ThankYouGeneR and Potemkin_Prod like this.
  15. dmac

I've seen Alec go with his airlock worthy stuff on Trek zone just much as during the conventions. Do I need anymore of it? Personally No. Did I learn anything from his last visit to the Trek Zone? Sure did, the man had zero repentance for his actions. Is there anything else I need to know? Unless he's getting into the awesome adventures of My Mother the Car, probably not.

16. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I dont understand anyone who wants to give him a platform. Period.

Professor Zoom and Noname Given like this.
  17. muCephi

re analogy to this moment in Axanar:

A gang who thought they could master something way bigger than their capabilities (all the true believers who have not fled) put themselves into hibernation telling each other 'we will return' but not believing it, leaving just the young outcast misunderstood geek to avoid naptime to watch the amazing journey out the window and reminisce on their grand dream.

And meta, the real reason they have to go into hibernation: business rules larger than the entire story, which they violated in the 'real' world ("produce a product" (audience)).

re SGU:

Yea, everything gets rebooted eventually these days. SG in some form I bet will come back. The Destiny, tho, of that I am less optimistic.

Although, come to think of it, an IP that clearly has been abandoned by its owner...

dmac likes this.
  18. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

/passes out calendars to everyone/
    /points out where Australia is generally a day or so ahead of those of us who are right-side up/
    /steps back/

19. ThankYouGeneR

Waittt a minute ???!!!!!!

This IS an April Fools joke?

Best.One.EV-er.!!

RedForman and mirrormatt86 like this.
  20. dmac

I see The gang closer to The Return of the Archons on an eternal Red Hour.

Every time a station picks up SGU, I'll catch a few random episodes and then my work schedule will change, the format just doesn't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.