CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux The Wind Premium Member

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Vice Admiral Admiral

And basically they are still using Star Trek to raise money....

wtriker1701, KennyB and dmac like this.
  3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

"This is your chance to help us go five consecutive years without an actual job."

4. Firebird

Firebird Captain Captain

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    I don't think I've ever seen someone so brazenly ignorant of how laws or lawsuits work. Well, outside of certain offices in D.C., that is...

wtriker1701 likes this.
  5. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

and

"Hi. We LOVE the Star Trek Fan Film Guildlines so much; we want such limits and guidelines for ALL FORMS of Star Trek related fan fiction and fan projects. Please help CBS and Paramount make this a reality.":whistle:

And at times I LOL at the stuff Tampaxanar does:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  6. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

7. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's not a fair situation, but it is a fair summery of the situation.

wtriker1701 likes this.
  8. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So now there's an off-site storage facility for the litigated production's physical sets if needed? And production & shipment of perks is now being paid for? Well, it 'is' clear & Upfront this time.

And "all of the money raised will be deposited into a restricted fund which means the money can only be spent for the costs designated above" is a DEFINITE live & learn from the past improvement.

There must be a new Pitch video I don't know about. The one I've seen:
    Of course, it's a given, that the crowdfund platform fee is deducted off the top of the 100%. But this Pitch video can't still be being used because the inclusion on the indiegogo page of the payforallthebills crowdfund of the costs of making, shipping, handling the perks and the off-site storage (if needed) are now not limited to 'paying the rent & operating costs of the 'sound stage' ' the video promises.

Is there a new Pitch video or something?

<sigh>

9. jespah

jespah Commodore Commodore

These^.

Put your dream vacation or wedding on hold! Don't pay your phone bill! Deny your kid shoes! You don't need that insulin!

'Cause otherwise the folks at Industry Studios might have to get actual jobs.

Give generously, and nevermind that pesky blindness or those creditors. You can get a great service dog and those creditors are only kidding!!!

10. ThankYouGeneR

wait, wait, wait.... there has to be a new video because the other one:
    -and-

the indiegogo payallthebills crowdfund 'site':
    The production company is slated to be (is slated to be someday) 501(c)3 non-profit entity. And the studio is an Upfront separate a for-profit entity. And the for-profit entity will:
    -and-
    By necessity now somebody(s) is/are now going to begin receiving a salary(s). This thing can't be run if everybody has outside jobs. It's too big now.

There MUST be a new Pitch video addressing this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  11. urbandefault

urbandefault Commodore Commodore

"Never give a sucker an even break." - W.C. Fields

It looks like AP has taken this to heart given this latest grift. :ack:

wtriker1701 and jespah like this.
  12. KennyB

KennyB Knight of Ren Premium Member

Looks like I'm in the wrong profession.

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Who. Are. These. FOOLS? And what exactly does Alec Peters have to do so that people see what he's doing and say to themselves "Wait a second...maybe I shouldn't be giving him my hard earned money."? What? Somebody tell me what!

At this point, I'm actually kinda jealous. I wish I could get away with a years-long scheme so lucrative people see it happening and keep giving me money anyway.

"Hi, friends! My name is Darrin Colbourne and I'm going to draw a Star Trek fan comic so FRAKKIN' AWESOME that professional trek illustrators will hang their heads in shame and the crowned heads of Europe will remove priceless artworks from their castle walls and replace them with framed prints of my pages, and all I need is a little help (a modest goal of a million dollars) to rent a windowless box with no wiring for my new art studio. (Lighting and remodeling will be paid for with the next million dollar crowd fund.) And my studio will be so FRAKKIN' AWESOME that comic artists from around the world will sell their grandmothers to use it. And I'll do it for you THE FANS!"

So? No takers? Guess I don't sound as sincere as LooordFIM...

wtriker1701, Noname Given and dmac like this.
  14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

129 suckers so far. That's pretty far from the 15,000 suckers Peters claims are fans, but in light of all the facts, it's still pretty sad.

KennyB likes this.
  15. Search4

Search4 Captain Captain

Don't doubt they are donating to themselves to inflate totals and improve recognition.

jespah, KennyB and wtriker1701 like this.
  16. ThankYouGeneR

That has crossed my mind too. My thoughts keep turning back to the multiple reports I have come across in my research that have come in from unrelated sources over multiple events over multiple years that there has been (though unconfirmed by me at this time) what is it called.... shill(?) bidding on prop sales relating to this person to artificially drive up the cost of various props being bid on.

Again, unconfirmed by me at this time. Now were a person to demonstrate a propensity to inflate/distort/dissemble in one area of their business activity it would not be unexpected to see this also occurring in their other business activities.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  17. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure members here can confirm the shill bidding by LFIM

wtriker1701 and Search4 like this.
  18. ThankYouGeneR

19. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

Call me crazy, BUT many of the backers listed (like say Mike Bawden -their PR guy and Johnathan Lane as well as someone who put 'Axanar Supporter') all donated $137. [17 donations at $137 in total]
    ^^^
    I wonder if the members of Axanar (IE the 'Inner Circle') are doing that so it's easy to find, and while I sure the named Axanar people's (like Mike) donations won't disappear; the others at $137 might back out IF they see the goal being reached or going over. IE - I'm pretty sure Alec Peters will have someone donate every few hours (if donations slow) to make it look like it's always active.

[Yes, I'm wearing a tin foil hat of sorts here - BUT I don't see a reason why someone would just donate $137 with names like 'Axanar Supporter' et al. There's no particular 'perk' at $137 .]:shrug::wtf:;)

BeatleJWOL, jespah and wtriker1701 like this.
  20. ThankYouGeneR

$137? 17 separate persons each donated $137? That's a bit.... odd. And you are reading this in print somewhere? May I assume you're reading this on the Indiegogo site? Does someone have to donate to see this information or can I somehow see it too without donating?

[EDITED IN: Further down in the Thread Tom explains these numbers]