CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Yes, any kind

78 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's already violated every single term of the agreement, it's up on Axamonitor. And let's face it, suing over the use of something he doesn't own (or at least making threats to) is as Alec Peters as it gets.

Markonian, Admiral2 and fireproof78 like this.
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would be especially great if CBS sued Peters, but then completely ignored the other Axanar.

Sgt_G likes this.
  4. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have an email address I use specifically just for spam (IE it's the one I use when I sign up for accounts or things I know or just going to spam the hell out of the address). Even though I got refunded from Alec (and very publicly too because I was one of three people he called out who he refunded because we were stirring up a lot of negative press on Kickstarter that was I guess affecting others pledging), and I manually unsubscribed; I guess it was still on a list Alec Peter's had, because I just recently checked it to delete all the spam - and from October 2019 to today (which shows you how often I check it to delete stuff); it's filled with daily emails from either Axanar Productions and/or Ares studios.

So yeah it seems Alec is doing everything he can to continue to get anyone who pledged, or expressed an interest in Axanar to pledge more.:guffaw:

jespah likes this.
  6. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. SITZKRIEG!

SITZKRIEG! Commander Red Shirt

Yes and no. They'd can't unilaterally moderate kickstarter comments but IIRC under the creator account you have a report tab under each comment where you can one click report them to the Kickstarter moderation team. If someone is typically just negative but still relatively polite, it'll usually stay but they used to get nuked if someone god forbid uses a naughty word or is consistently negative enough to qualify as harassment under KS's terms. Which campaign are they referring to? I think Axanar/Ares have done several since the over million dollar one 5+ years ago.

Of course, gnerally speaking, KS doesn't hold creators to any standard whatsoever for minor things like fraud though. I didn't ever financially back anything Axanar (thankfully I found out about it when there were already obvious potential concerns and the main crowdfunding was already done but before the lawsuit) so can't comment about that experience but I did back a failed KS years ago that only eventually delivered on 1/2 to 1/3 the products promised after five years of misleading backers. I haven't backed anything for more than $1.00 USD since.

9. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

/me imagines Bandrew Scott getting an Axanar sticker...

10. motorhead

motorhead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

this would be a great name for an axa documentary

Admiral2 likes this.
  11. GeorgeKirk

GeorgeKirk Commodore Commodore

Got an email today that the Axanar team is going to produce the script as an audio drama "because Axanar has been delayed by COVID-19". Obviously Alec is so far ahead of his time he's had COVID since 2015.

Admiral2, jespah, Sgt_G and 1 other person like this.
  12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, is this their way of saying there's not going to be a film?

13. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I don't think so. The audio drama is going to be the original script, when it was going to be the one movie-length production (the leaked one, that's just people talking about how much they love Garth). I'd imagine they're "still" "working" on the within-the-guidelines revamp of two more fauxumentaries that cover the same storyline.

14. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

No, but this IS there way of saying "Just 40 fundraisers more, and the film WILL be made!"

Admiral2 and 137th Gebirg like this.
  15. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

They have been seeking experienced producers for the project. I was not directly asked but wouldn't have accepted anyway. I think LFIM is going to be shocked and appalled when he finds out just how difficult doing an audio project is. The first obstacle will be turning whatever they're using for a script into something that will make sense in an audio only format. I suspect that will also be a lot harder than they expect.

TheAlmanac and jackoverfull like this.
  16. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

They weren’t really worried about it making sense as a film. Why would that concern them as an audio?

17. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Tru 'dat!

18. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The terrible feature script is full of spaceship shots and lot of yammering during space battles. They'd have to try a completely different approach.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I want Alec making "pewpew!" noises

jackoverfull likes this.
  20. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’m sure this will be as successful as the full length movie. Or the two shorts.

feek61 and jackoverfull like this.