CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Yes, any kind

78 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Both of which had clips in the new trailer for some reason.........if you take out the space scenes there might be, maybe, 10 seconds of footage?

RedForman and dmac like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it a little ironic after everything that's happened, that it looks like Axanar is one of the last entertainment productions that is actually still being worked on.

RedForman and Imaus like this.
  3. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

At this rate, they'll still be "working on it" when the next of the Four Horseman comes calling.

RedForman, Leto_II, DrCorby and 2 others like this.
  4. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I'm bickering with fanboys on facebook right now about it, smh.

• fb person: I keep hearing people call axanar folks thieves. Most of the time ive seen it i was from kurtzman or jj fanboys.

Whats up? He ran a kickstarter and would have deluvered if you know cbs hadnt sued him.

Me: Squandered a million dollars.... built a for-profit studio instead of making the movie.... never filmed *anything* ... was selling models... star trek coffee... all sorts of unauthorized merchandise.... he had wasted years before CBS stepped in. Snake oil salesman to the fullest - all the people that made Prelude had already left his ass before any of this happened. The best thing he could have done was continue to make cheap, awesome documentaries for Federation TV - it was unique and cheap and he could have made them forever, any time period he wanted, any famous Trek actor he could get, any space battles he wanted..... what a waste....

Fb person: Sources?

Fb person 2: His sources are most likely the little crew of butthurt whiners that still can’t accept the fact that CBS let Axanar continue and keep trying desperately to hope people will listen to them.

Me: Its literally what happened.... lmao.... anyone who followed the story for years (hoping that he was legit, patiently waiting, watching the updates and fb groups and websites and message board) knows this. Axanar was "allowed" to continue just like every other neutered fanfilm outfit was "allowed" to - with so many restrictions its barely worth it.

Fb person: All ive seen was stuff on youtube...

Fb person: If you are talking about the fact that peters used professional actors etc then that was an issue decided in litigation. I haven’t seen proof that peters lacks intention to deliver on what his kickstarter project promised

facepalm.

Peters still has people completely hoodwinked.

RedForman, dmac and Sgt_G like this.
  5. Sgt_G

Here, use these: :wtf::shrug::rolleyes::censored::brickwall:

RedForman and dmac like this.
  6. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The ship does look good. Actually looks like a ship from that era.

7. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Yup. Regardless of Peters and his shit, I adore the Ares. Its the one good thing to come out of the debacle.

fireproof78 likes this.
  8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

There seem to be a lot of new VFX shots in this trailer - at least, shots I don't recall seeing in previous distributions. Did he manage to get Tobias Richter back or has someone taken up the mantle? They're quite good.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Truth.

10. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

In the blog post about the trailer on FanFilmFactor it states:
    Why release if not ready?

https://fanfilmfactor.com/2020/03/1...ll-trailer-kicks-off-fund-raiser-for-shoot-4/

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Braver poster than I.

The level of delusion around Peters is so frustrating and I work with people with mental health diagnoses!
    I agree on this point.

RedForman likes this.
  12. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

No..most of the new SFX footage is stuff Robert Meyer Burnett had gotten (for editing) - and kept a copy of. Robert Meyer Burnett had returned the hard drives with the footage to Alec; but somehow, Alec lost them, and then started claiming Robert Meyer Burnett never gave them back, etc.

Alec asked for copies of what Robert Meyer Burnett had - but Robert stuck to his guns about claiming he gave the original Hard disks back; and if Alec wanted copies again, Burnett wanted the money Alec agreed to pay him, but never did, etc.

Then they went back and forth listing what they claimed each other had, what was owed; and Alec filed a lawsuit (in the wrong county) and Burnett got a lawyer who started trying to correspond with Alec's lawyer, but got no reply - even after posting some of the correspondence sent and Alec trying to get Johnathan Lane directly involved, which went nowhere fast...

Here's a link to where RMB showed some of the footage and discuseed the Axanar situation:
    https://theburnettwork.net/a-closer-look-at-the-ares-in-action-from-the-axanar-feature-film/#

And here's some fairly completed shots:
    https://theburnettwork.net/a-look-behind-axanars-klingon-battle-scenes/

So yeah, either they came to some sort of agreement or hell maybe Alec downloaded the video file RMB made available for direct download in the article and Alec used the SFX footage from that file for his really short new trailer. :rommie:

RedForman likes this.
  13. 137th Gebirg

Ah... Never a dull moment in Axanar land, is there? Well, thanks for clearing that up! :) :lol:

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So when were they supposed to be doing their next shoot?

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The USS Ares looks like the USS Voyager and the USS Ptolemy (Franz Joseph tug) had a love child. Too ugly to be called fugly, just ugly. YMMV.

16. 137th Gebirg

I dunno... The Ares is one of the few things I like about any of it anymore. Granted, it does seem a tad-bit anachronistic with some of its TMP-era components, but I think Sean Tourangeau did a reasonably good job with the design overall. There are only so many ways to make new and original designs these days with the same modules that haven’t been seen before. At least it’s got period-correct round nacelles! :D

RedForman and Richard Baker like this.
  17. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

RedForman likes this.
  18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

RedForman and 137th Gebirg like this.
  19. Sgt_G

I didn't know he needed a reason to delay. :whistle:

wtriker1701 and Admiral2 like this.
  20. 137th Gebirg

He doesn't. A bonafide national crisis, however, makes it legitimate.

RedForman, SITZKRIEG! and Admiral2 like this.