CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Yes, any kind

78 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BeatleJWOL, GeorgeKirk and Admiral2 like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I'd be more curious to see what the universe looks like where Alec was never sued and actually made Axanar....... or not. It would be interesting to see what kind of excuses he would come up with for never making the movie in a world where he wasn't sued. The lawsuit really was a perfect way for him to never actually have to make the movie.

Admiral2 likes this.
  3. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Oho ain't that interesting. I wrote about crowdfunding fraud recently for Entrepreneur (didn't mention LFIM) – I came down on the side of more regulation as it's the freakin' Wild West and consumers have no protection whatsoever.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  4. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not the biggest fan of social funding platforms. there are a few patches I didn't get either well before Axanar. So what, don't give more than what causes regret.
    Still I like the idea of funding micro studios who otherwise wouldn't see a penny. I used to support something called Family Value Films and about every 6 to 9 months they would mail out their latest finished production. They weren't bad, little 70 minute Timmy type moral values but I had two girls that took little interest in them. Marketing studies is a must!
    The OTC and grey markets also was once the wild west of bait and switch. It was easy picking for a small studio to showcase a film project and allow the public to get in on the next big thing.
    To the common investor there is little difference between a failed project and a scam. You see CEO's on the OTC end up in Jail often for misrepresenting themselves or their intentions.
    Still the OTC seems safe compared to what goes on with social funding.
    If you sell millions of shares to IPO a company that is building a local broadcast station and investors wake up one morning to discover they own an out of business used car lot, that's fraud, the CEO has to make a filing of intent well before the fact.
    Still after all that I wish someone with the skills could come up with a way to review all the inherent flaws of social funding and market investing in order to develop a market for small studios to raise money to fund experimental films. Otherwise we'll only see films that multi million/billion dollar production companies wish us to see.
    I think the big studios could use a little shaking up or else we'll see the avenger's return and Rocky 42 before long.

publiusr and jespah like this.
  5. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

dmac likes this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

They misspelled "Perdition".

lurok, RedForman, Firebird and 4 others like this.
  7. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As in:
    The road to Perdition is paved with patch less donors?

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

He finally got rid of that old teal blue t-shirt and bought an ugly new yellow polo shirt that I’m sure he’ll wear exclusively for the next two years.

RedForman and F. King Daniel like this.
  9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The road to perdition is unpaved with perks.

10. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

The more I think about this, the more this seems to be a win-win.

Lane makes and completes his fan film? Congratulations, he's done more work than Alec has since Prelude. LFIM is going to love that.

Lane is stopgapped at every turn because Alec wants to be the hero and not let anybody else have any fun? Betrayal.

Lane goes the way of his master and fails to complete a fan film in any way? Business as usual.

Admiral2 likes this.
  11. carlosp

carlosp Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Full Story
    New Timeline for Axanar Lite Premiere: Comic-Con 2020
    A year after predicting Axanar Lite's premiere at Comic-Con 2019, producer Alec Peters says to watch for a Comic-Con 2020 debut. Read more »
    [​IMG]

---
    This is an updated version of a story first published in AxaMonitor Daily. You can get your news early, too.

RedForman and dmac like this.
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So he only ever wears one shirt?
    If he's always wearing the same shirt in all of these videos, that kind of makes me wonder if he actually filmed all of these at the same time and he's just releasing them periodically to make it believable

137th Gebirg likes this.
  13. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    But, $1.6M can buy a lot of yellow shirts.

Sgt_G likes this.
  14. carlosp

carlosp Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Man...dem goalposts is movin' so much it's like dey got legs.

16. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

No mention of Gary Graham in that updated schedule. Is he still involved?

17. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    On any other project, especially fan projects, dates sometimes got passed, on THIS 'project', it's just laughable!:sigh:

18. SITZKRIEG!

SITZKRIEG! Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure why they'd have to go through the expense of shooting in LA for "aliens" given that Atlanta over the past decade has grown a relatively large filming community complete with plenty of actors who can play no name aliens or even recast Kharn since Richard Hatch died. It just seems like more wasted money.

19. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    Only watched less than two minutes of that video, and just gave up. He actually had the cheek to sit on the bridge set he is not going to use in his film, and talk about Garths' quarters set getting near completion for a few scenes!? Huh?:shrug:

20. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    If anyone knows how to waste money, it's Alec Peters.

nightwind1, Noname Given and feek61 like this.