News CBS Making new animated shorts for the 50th Anniversary of TAS

I didn’t have an issue with the “wrong” Saru. As others have pointed out, it’s a throwback type of mistake. Kind of like an easter egg.

the story just wasn’t funny.

Since it hasn't been posted in the thread yet:

"Yeah, great, whatever. Somebody get me a drink."

Killing Hemmer is the greatest mistake anyone making Star Trek has made, ever, for all time.

The only part I didn't like the gored ensign. Other than that I actually laughed unlike the first one.

Killing Hemmer is the greatest mistake anyone making Star Trek has made, ever, for all time.

Agreed 100%.

The only part I didn't like the gored ensign. Other than that I actually laughed unlike the first one.

There were parts where I wasn’t sure whether I should laugh or groan. Which makes this one marginally better than the first, which was just dumb.

I will say this, however: “Also, not to be that guy, but my uncle died on that ship.’ That was freaking hilarious.

Last edited:
So all these shorts are just gonna be shit attempts at doing Sealab 2021. Specifically painful to try and watch post-Captain Murphy Sealab 2021.

Since it hasn't been posted in the thread yet:

"Yeah, great, whatever. Somebody get me a drink."

I’d say that, starting with the Abram’s reboot, a whole host of “greatest” mistakes has been made.

I’d say that, starting with the Abram’s reboot, a whole host of “greatest” mistakes has been made.

The Abrams films are why we even have Trek back on TV at all. Unless you're implying that all these new shows are great mistakes. Which is of course debatable.

I feel like this episode was making a mockery of spock. There might have been one part where I laughed, but then they ended it with more fart jokes and I groaned again. I hope these get better because so far they are 0-2.

Last edited:
The Abrams films are why we even have Trek back on TV at all. Unless you're implying that all these new shows are great mistakes. Which is of course debatable.

I would say that we have shows with the words “Star Trek” in them, which is not the same thing. The subsequent iterations have contributed the following (this is only a sampling): completely changed the character of Kirk from a well-read man into a guy who hangs out at bars with no direction in life; a Spock who kisses women in public; rewritten scripts because they had nothing original to contribute; turned the future into a mostly dystopian one; and emasculated Spock. I could go on, but we now have people making Trek who think they know what Trek is about. They just are not the kind of people who can sit still and read beyond what they see in terms of 1960s costumes, props, and special effects. How many times did JJ Abrams tell us that he never even liked Trek? That he never got it? It’s better to go out on a high note while the characters still have some shred of dignity. At least, until someone comes along who actually “gets it.”

Back