Carmilla the series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Janeway’s Girl, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Told you.

That's a different, less classy British accent, not that there's anything wrong with that.

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to it (and the addition of Dominique Provost-Chalkley is nice too)

3. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Guy Gardener

It seems like Lorde is checking out Carmilla and Laura.

Janeway’s Girl likes this.
  5. Janeway’s Girl

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The movie is coming out soon and the Carmilla folks have sent out a 5 minute taste of what's to come:)

Kemaiku and Janeway’s Girl like this.
  7. Janeway’s Girl

Judging by those 5 minutes, it looks absolutely wonderful! Can’t wait! And it’s nice to see that Laura still uses her TARDIS mug. :)

Gov Kodos likes this.
  8. Guy Gardener

I gather you two reach under Christmas trees and shake all the boxes?

9. Gov Kodos

It does look good and they have taken a lot of riffs from the novella for the period stuff like the cheek kissing and the stuff about dying together as lovers. That's right out of the novella. Another novella inspired clip is this with the 'you and I are one forever' with Carmilla going all cat-like.

Never. I discretely unwrap a bit and peak in.

10. Janeway’s Girl

11. Janeway’s Girl

Finally saw it. LOVED IT to infinity! Best movie I’ve seen this year, so far.

The sets were perfect! The period costumes were perfect! The script was perfect! The soundtrack was perfect! Dominique Provost-Chalkley was amazing as Elle!

Seeing Danny, very briefly, was really nice too.

The post credit scene confused me though.

12. Gov Kodos

The period settings were fantastic. I really loved the dream setting with Dom and Nat where Carm vamps out over Elle cutting her hand. The many novella references were a treat, too, like the bed scene with Laura and the 'You are mine, you shall be mine' stuff. Nat really played up the panther like qualities to Carmilla there.

I was surprised they turned Carmilla into a vampire again after s3's ending. I had thought that a mistake unless they were ending the series there. I suppose they may be hoping, or at least leaving things open for more stories and it's tough to sell a vampire story where the main vampire isn't one anymore.

I guess the final scene you're mentioning is the one with Mattie. I don't know how she's supposed to be back but I'll take it. Mattie is referring to the demon fish thing under Silas that was in s1 and s2. I assume its eggs might be the ones mentioned in that teaser trailer for the movie with Carmilla on the motorcycle a while back. Maybe this road trip Mattie mentions might be the plot if they can get enough interest in more movies or something?

13. Janeway’s Girl

I’d definitely be up for more adventures if that’s where they’re headed.

If having Carmilla become a vampire again was how they wanted to end the movie then I (still) think she should have turned Laura. It would have fixed their “future together” problem.

14. Gov Kodos

I suspect that fountain of youth reference during the credits was a quick fix in case they don't continue with this. On the other hand, if there is another movie or something, I would expect them to address the mortal/immortal thing. Maybe, Erishkagal sent Mattie like s3, and if Carm and Laura succede in this road trip she or another deity might fix Hollstein's problem somehow?

15. Gov Kodos

Natasha and Annie Briggs (Perry) have produced a webseries where they are going to be online Clairvoyants only it turns out Nat's character really is psychic. It has its moments. The bit with the brownies was pretty good.

Also, Elise has a cameo in an upcoming episode of The Handmaid's Tale, episode 6.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  16. Janeway’s Girl

I finally got around to watching. It’s okay. I was only interested because of Natasha.

17. Guy Gardener

Well, I was only watching for Annie, so I guess we have drawn sides.

18. Gov Kodos

With no news of Carmilla in sight, I'll take what I can get with Nat and Annie.