Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

On the plus side. your account info on STF shows you the status of the sent key.
    So as long as it's not been used you are probabbly still able to give it away manually. Or is it tied to the mail adress you sent it too?

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Tied to the email address it was sent to. Doesn't appear to be any way to edit it, so can't redirect it to another account, hence me saying I didn't want to waste another invite by having to send one to another account. Status shows as "offered", meaning they sent the email.

Honestly, not that worried about it. I sent it to the email he suggested. He can either check that account or not. He doesn't post here outside of asking for the key, so not gonna lose sleep over it. It's in his email if he wants it...

3. valmoric

valmoric Guest

im sry im not trying to seem like a ass or trying to seem like i want to pirate it or something but my prywolf email was full with like 2,096 emails case i havent cheaked it in like mounths so i looked througfh and foumnd an eamail called scott Something but the message didnt load i looked through all of my other email and it wasent there so i deleted it alll ieven cheaked my ZxPrywolfxZ email the one i use mostly but nothing there so i assumed it glicthed or something

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

i can try to get it to resend, but only to the prywolf@yahoo email i already used. Will see if I can get it to do that tonight. You implied your other email wasn't going to work, and didn't want to waste an invite, so I used the one you told me to. Not sure why you'd give out an email if it was full, and why you'd mass-delete the account's emails if you were looking for one, but that's another issue I guess...

5. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Precisely for the reasons stated above, i wouldn't send out a buddy key to a low participator.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Eh, like I said, don't know anyone IRL that wants a buddy key, and people here aren't knocking down the door for them, so no real loss...

Valmoric, here's the deal: I don't know if I can resend it or not. Not a lot of options on that page, but looks like I tried it. If you don't have the email, let me know. I can't PM you, but I CAN post the key code and you can enter it yourself. I'll delete my post once you use the key. let me know, and I'll post the code.

Edit: Nevermind, I just manually emailed the code to both of your addresses. Just make sure you sign up with the prywolf@yahoo account, or it probably won't work...

7. donjon

donjon Guest

can u tell me how can i play online game? plz

8. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

Hi ya peeps, finally got my new computer and can play star trek online.

OK an anyone explain me things about STO, and what is buddy key?

cheers.

9. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Game now free to play so no point in this thread being a sticky.

10. Darth Thanatos

Darth Thanatos Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Besides, I think they dropped the referral system, as some players managed to start the F2P ahead of time because of it...

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

The referal system is still working on my account...

12. Rocketeer

Are the buddy card keys tied to each player's account? That is, do I get credit if someone uses one of mine? Thanks.

This question is about the 3 buddy cards that came in the Collector's edition.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  13. leptoon

leptoon Cadet Newbie

Can you please PM me one of those buddy keys? I just need a couple days of gold membership. I never bought retail so the key should work. Thanks!

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Can't imagine they didn't fix this loophole now that F2P has gone live. Well, given their track record, maybe not, but still. You just want it so you can keep all the Gold priviledges (extra slots, etc) after it expires and you go to silver status, right?

Can we just close this thread, given that it's free to play, so only possible use would be for people to try and cheat the system?

15. Rocketeer

Scout101 - LOL, be careful slapping the F2P players around. You'll get branded a troublemaker (like me). :-P . Anyway, I think you need to hold Gold membership for 30 days to retain any of the benefits.

Leptoon - Hmm, let me think about it. This is the first time I've seen you on the forum. Would you still be interested in the buddy key if it doesn't provide any permanent benefit?

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Would make sense that a buddy key wouldn't provide permanent benefits, that would be dumb.

So the assumption is that anyone asking for a buddy key for a F2P game is either trying to see if they can keep the gold status, or is just spamming in the first place. As he's only got one post, and that was it, feels like the requests we used to get.

Either way, probably don't need this thread anymore, it's a free game now. And the way they set the gold vs silver rewards up, if you aren't already LTS, it would be dumb to pay money. Silver gets almost everything Gold does, and a couple quick buys in the c-store would fix things cheaper than a subscription...

17. Rocketeer

Actually I think you need 30+ days to keep items. Which means that even if it's possible to use 3 buddy passes back to back, you still need at least one more day to qualify.

I agree that the buddy passes should be nerfed now that the game is f2p. I think they should keep the referal program though. You should get some benefit for convincing someone to upgrade to Gold. I have the holographic tribble and science officer, but it would be nice to have the Gal-X.

I was in a fleet pvp competition the other day and the f2p members were not able to join. Is that a restriction on f2p?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.