Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

In order to try and limit some of the spam and new cadets registering simply to get ST:0 buddy keys, I have decided to create this sticky thread.

To limit spam by newbie cadets wanting keys, I would encourage TrekBBS members to only give keys to fellow members who are contributing to the boards.

Any other requests for keys will be merged into this thread, else closed.

2. Dustpreacher76

Dustpreacher76 Cadet Newbie

Sorry didnt mean to offend i guess i just want to try it out...Im a avid tng, enterprise, and voyager fan plus i loved the older movies....some of the tng movies were good too.
    The reason i ask for a buddy pass is i would like to try it before i buy it. Ive played many of star trek games and most , not all, most seem to bomb out for the real feel for Star Trek like enviroment. But if you feel that is all for naught than i will not take anymore of your time. Btw great site i love most the threads and discussions. I hope if nothing else i can be a participant of the discussions held here. Thanks for having me. :D

3. USS Renegade

USS Renegade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I'm still looking for one, and I'm not a newbie to the board or a spammer. I just blip out for years at a time. Actually I was here when Voyager was on the air, but since I didn't watch Enterprise I stopped posting a few years after Voyager was over since I didn't have much left to talk about, except the never ending Tuvix debate. And after a few years that account was deleted for inactivity, which brought big frownies to my face. Not because of board rank, but because I had to do another 50 posts before I could put up an avatar. But with the new movie, there was more new stuff to discuss and so back I came again.

In any case, I'm not a new guy who is just on here looking for a key. Maybe a few folks from the Voyager or Trek Lit forums remember me from back in the day. Maybe not. But I do want to try this game. I was wondering why I kept getting the cold shoulder about a trial key when there were threads offering them. Are the spammers that bad on STO? The only MMO I have played recently is CoH, and that was mainly pre-Katrina. And, well, definitely didn't have that problem there. But then, leveling and getting influence wasn't exactly hard there. Buying money was pointless when the high levels gave it away because they had way more than they could ever spend. Way more.

4. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

^^^^
    Spammers aren't major, but there was a thread that essentially became exclusivley populated by folks who had just registered to get a key. I think this sticky thread is a lot fairer.

5. USS Renegade

I meant the spammers in game, I saw that thread. :)

6. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't mind one. I bought the game yesterday, thinking I got 30 days free with my purchase of the game (which is how it SHOULD be) and was utterly dismayed to realize I have to pay for more months in order to get the 30 so called "free" days. My credit cards are all tied up for the next 2 months so I guess I'm out of luck.

Not impressed with ST Online so far, and I haven't even played it yet. lol

7. USS Renegade

Seriously? Well, that sucks. A lot.

8. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You're not charged anything. They check to see if you have sufficient funds. If you use debit, your bank might place a hold on the funds. It's still your money until they day comes due for the subscription renewal.

It's no different than pre-ordering physical products, or even placing an order through Amazon. If it's credit, they run a check for balance. Debit, a hold is placed. They money isn't exchanged until shipping.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  9. Kain

Kain Lieutenant Red Shirt

The game looks very interesting, but I want to try it before I give the $50 to buy it, since I've heard a lot of good and bad things about it, and I still don't know if I'll like it or not.

So, if anyone would be so kind as to give me a Buddy Key, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :)

10. mackula

mackula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I bought the Collector's Edition which included some pretty cool stuff. Been playing about a month now, and it's been fun. It has been frustrating due to the lack of "official" documentation from the developer and the amount of time you need to invest to find quality info about gameplay.

As a newbie to MMO's it has been difficult, but I'm slowly picking up what I need to do. I have printouts of the Galaxy Map, Starbase maps. It's also helpful that I run Dual monitors so I have STO on one, and a bunch of browser windows open in the other with my "helper" info.

Overall, I'm having a good time captaining my own ship and crew. Especially the space battles.

11. bones_taw

bones_taw Cadet Newbie

We have collected some free 10 day trial keys.
    Just post over on the taw.net thread and someone will PM you one.

12. bradders87

bradders87 Cadet Newbie

ST:O Buddy Key =)

Hi there i know im a "cadet" and have this 1 post only but i cannot wait until the 7th for free trials to come out and would very much appreciate a spare buddy key going if anyone has one. Thanks in advance.

13. johnnyrog

johnnyrog Cadet Newbie

I actually have several buddy keys that will gain you free access to try the game out. I have been playing for a couple months, and will be glad to help new players. If you are interested in a key email me at johnnyrog@yahoo.com.

14. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have a few more keys available. If anyone would like a key to try this game out for free, just PM me or send an email to *edited* and I'll be happy to give away the keys.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
  15. LastLIne

LastLIne Cadet Newbie

Ok I know I'm new but I've got some of these referrals available if anyone wants them, either pm me here or email me at ysjclarke @ yahoo. co. uk (obviously remove spaces) I believe this games truely great and it'd be lovely to see more people come to play it.

16. PluckyNinja

PluckyNinja Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've got referral keys to hand out. Just PM me your email address. :)

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I still have mine if you want one feel free to PM me.

18. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Same here - still got all 5 Referral Keys, available to anyone who wants one! :bolian:

Just send me a PM, and I'll have it sent to you ASAP.

[EDIT] - scratch that, just gave one away on the Star Trek Online Forums. Now only 4 Keys left - get 'em while they're hot! ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  19. Helios888

Helios888 Cadet Newbie

Hey Guys,
    Well I'm 10 days from a paycheck lol...
    Was wondering if anyone would like to give me a much appreciated buddy key. I'd like to try out STO before I buy. I'm not a spammer....sure I'm an Aussie/Canadian/Scottish mix......well thats kinda spam :P....anyways anyone willing to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

20. Helios888

Helios888 Cadet Newbie

Excelsior----Would be much appreciated if you gave me a key..I haven't reached 50 posts yet so can't pm you :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.