Ben Browder vs the CW cheerleaders

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 15, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

She could play the crazy mother of one of the cheerleaders trying to relive her glory days!

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

That's not the only place a lot of men are expected to shave. I'm talking downtown!</simpsons>

All the guys these people seem interested in are girly little wusses. And the funniest part ? If any of the little girls who are in love with them ever ended up in a relationship with one of them they wouldn't see them because of all the time they spend in the gym or putting on their moisturiser.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Men don't need to shave downtown. A little trim can be nice for both sexes if you're especially hirsuite, but the totally bare look just isn't realistic or aesthetic. Gives me a creepy pre puberty vibe. Call me biased, but if I see a totally smooth man I think of exactly what you said--someone who's more interested in putting on moisturizer than getting the job done. Regular bathing, a nice cologne and a bit of trim to keep up is more than manly enough for me. I don't want a man who gets Brazilians and pedicures.

Ben Browder is handsome and sexy as hell exactly the way he is.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Though, to be fair, I'm not sure if any of these "men" have actually been through puberty yet or if they're ever going to.

5. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder what the Farscape cast is up to these days, and then I get the feeling I'm better off not knowing. I mean there was some Australian cop show Gigi Edgley was in that got cancelled, Wayne Pygram's been in TV movies or something...

Oh well.

At least Claudia Black was magnificent in Dragon Age: Origins.

6. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

<sighs>

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The man has to eat. That said, I sure as hell am not going to be tuning in.

I wonder what happened to those Farscape webisodes announced so long ago?

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking last night how the cheer leader coach from Glee is more malevolent and Machiavellian than 90 percent of the Villians on Stargate, Star trek and farscape combined... Actually "Zelda" from Terrahawks came to mind.

How is this Wildcats shite not Hung as well?

(Well that was an odd sentence.)

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

im guessing like alot of web ideas, they never happened.

Lets face it chances are they would have only have been 7 minutes long, lacking in budget, and rubbish, like nearly every webisode ive ever seen, and I inculde TARDISodes in that as well.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Chuck ones are good, Anna shows us her kung fu and then plays with swords. Gal has mad skills. Meanwhile the ugly betty webisodes are just Amanda and Marc going mental once they realise they're alone in the building after hours.

But yeah, demonstratively webisodes are shite.

11. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System

I'll see your barf and eyeroll and raise you diarrhea splatter. :guffaw:

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Probably, but you never know.

Rockne S. O'Bannon has commented as recently as February of this year that negotiations for the webisodes were ongoing. But, I'll take anything Farscape-related, honestly. The comics are quite fun at the moment.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That little exchange reminds me of this... :lol:

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hey, if the Flash can end up as Dawson's father on DAWSON'S CREEK, this was probably inevitable . . . .

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

She'll be the evil coach of the rival cheerleading squad of uber-bitches. :rommie:

That's always been true for shows catering to teen girls' tastes. I can recall when I thought Luke was hotter than Han. The definition of maturity is when that opinion flips. :D

16. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds similar to the show my wife watches, "Make it or Break it," on ABC Family, except that show focuses on competitive gymnastics, instead of cheerleading. It was renewed for a second season, so ABC Family must consider it a hit, which means the CW is probably drooling over their ratings!

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

^ how much crossover in auidence is there between ABC Family & The CW?

18. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

It should also be noted that Tom Welling is a producer on the show.

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The age groups are probably similar but the philosophy is very different. ABC Family is supposed to be wholesome and the CW goes for the sleaze factor.

20. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Reminds me of how old I feel now that Shiri Appleby--10 years ago the sweet ingenue on Roswell--is now the mother on Life Unexpected. Whatever happened to classic teen dramas like Beverly Hills 90210 where the high schoolers were all played by 30-year-olds?:(