Spoilers Batman Ninja

Reprising the role from the Arkham Origins video games and the Batman Unlimited home video/online short series for kids.

Also reprising the role from video games, though she's never played Catwoman in a non-game production.

Also from video games, though she's played the role in some recent animated productions including Scooby-Doo & Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I'm generally a fan of Tara Strong's work, but I find her Harley rather grating.

Reprising Deathstroke from Young Justice, though it's his first time as Grodd.

His first time as Robin (is this Dick or Damien?), though he's been Red Robin (Tim Drake) in Batman Unlimited.

New to both roles, though he's Nightwing in Unlimited and of course was Batman Beyond.

That's Tom Kenny, who's previously done Penguin in The Batman, LEGO Batman video games, and Scooby-Doo & Batman: TB&TB.

That's Eric Bauza, who's new to Two-Face but has played supporting roles in Batman Unlimited and video games.

No one fucking cares how good you are at looking at Google or Wikipedia to see what someone has done.

I hope they give the option to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles. It has such an anime vibe that hearing it in English is just odd.

I hope they give the option to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles. It has such an anime vibe that hearing it in English is just odd.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I generally prefer watching anime (when that happens, which isn't often) with the original Japanese.

I just think it's interesting how often DC Animation productions these days tend to reuse actors who've played certain roles before, and how they draw them from so many different prior sources. Like, Scooby-Doo & Batman mostly reused the Brave and the Bold cast, but brought in Jeffrey Combs from Justice League as the Question, Tara Strong from the video games as Harley & Ivy, and Tom Kenny from The Batman as the Penguin (though sounding more like an imitation of B&TB's Stephen Root Penguin than like Kenny's own Penguin).

According to the press release there will be a Japanese audio track: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2018/02/batman-ninja-new-trailer-and-release-date/

I'd be surprised if there weren't.

So this is actually being made in the Japan by anime creators, I had originally thought it was going to be an entirely American production done in an anime style.

I completely forgot that this was coming out earlier this month (well, late April digitally) until yesterday, so I only just watch it...and loved it, the absurd bits and all.

As I expected from watching the trailers, I loved the animation style, particularly how some of the slower and still parts felt hand-painted, complete with a great blending of Japanese anime and typical Batman animation. The structure of the film itself felt like it could easily be broken down into four episodes for broadcast (undoubtedly intentional) and each part worked fairly well on their own, combining into a largely cohesive overall story. That said, the third and fourth parts ran away from the casual Japanese steampunk palette of the first two parts by upping the absurdity factor with battle castles transforming into large robots, as well as whatever was going on with the monkey and bat swarms. :lol:

In addition to the overall fun nature of the film, there was plenty of great humor and the antics of the Joker and Harley reminded me of the Chief Blue Meanie and Max from Yellow Submarine, particularly in the first act. However, the funniest moment for me came early on in the film when Batman tried to flee the scene with the grappling gun, only to realize there were no tall buildings in the village. :lol:

I didn't expect much of a story, fully prepared for extravagant style over substance, so I wasn't surprised to see the film falling into the typical Batman versus Joker scenario, just one that played out longer than usual with small asides with Grood. I was initially disappointed by the Riddler's absence but it's just as well considering the Penguin, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, and Deathstroke were reduced to glorified henchmen for either the Joker or Grood (not a shock considering the film is overstuffed with everything).

Overall, a lot of damn fun and I would definitely watch a sequel, in whatever form that would take.

Well, that was..... interesting :lol: I was expecting something like 'Gotham by Gaslight', but in feudal Japan. I believe they managed to fit every anime stereotype into this flick, but in a good way. The animation was nice. Not the greatest DCAU offering, but fun.

Superman: Unbound was already five years ago. While there have been some animated DC "team" movies since then, Batman seems to have been the only character to be featured in his own animated movies for quite a while.

I am definitely looking forward to The Death of Superman. I still remember when I was a young lad waiting in a long line with my dad to buy the comic. He dragged me along so I could buy another copy for him, as the purchase limit was one per customer, and he thought it would be worth a lot of money someday. :guffaw:

Kor

Superman: Unbound was already five years ago. While there have been some animated DC "team" movies since then, Batman seems to have been the only character to be featured in his own animated movies for quite a while.

You mean the only solo character, right?

Back