Spoilers Bad Batch Season 2 - This Fall

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Tuskin38, May 29, 2022.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Just like Emerie Karr ( who I keep getting confused with Scalder )... and Omega...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Reminder, 2 episodes tomorrow!

cooleddie74 likes this.
  3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Thanks! I had forgotten about the next two-episode drop!

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I had no idea.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I honestly did not believe they'd kill of Tech like that. Even as it was happening I was utterly unconcerned, assuming there'd be some last minute save, or that'd he'd somehow survive the fall and be captured. Guess I should have paid closer attention to the implication of the episode title.

OK, so the accent thing was indeed deliberate. Presumably they're just female clones of Jango, with the same age acceleration as the troopers and some cybernetic enhancements? I get the impression that they're Hemlock's strandcasts, not Kaminoan handiwork.

The thing with Scorch is starting to bug me. Why just him? Why not the others? I kind of hope they're actually going somewhere with this because while one little cameo is fun, three feels like it ought to mean something.

No prizes for guessing what Palpatine is after.

6. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We need a season 3 after that finale. Or at the very least a film to cap it off. I admit I was ho hum on the series right up until the end of season 1 but this season has been outstanding.

7. Magistos

Magistos Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I am NOT okay. There needs to be some sort of closure while we wait.

8. cooleddie74

Ben Mendelsohn returned as a younger Krennic, this time Commander Krennic. Nice.

9. ashleytinger

Nice! I thought that was him or at least a really good mimic.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Kind of hilarious that they only had him say one line. Like, three whole words! Did they make him come into a studio to do that, or did they just record him over the phone? Or perhaps was he already in the studio recording something else . . . *side-eyes Andor Season 2* :shifty:

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

The last 3 episodes... Damn.... When this series is running on all thrusters it's amazing.

It was still a really bad idea to bring Omega with them on the mission though. What were they thinking...

I sometimes wonder how non fans/casual viewers see the series. Are they completely confused by the two separate clone stories going on in the Mandalorian and Bad Batch? Do they even know there is a large time gap between the two?

12. ashleytinger

Or maybe they had him in for a season 3 episode he's in and got him there too?

Possible it's a deleted line from Rogue One I suppose

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As soon as they mentioned the security camera dropouts, I figured someone else must be infiltrating the base at the same time, but I can't believe I didn't guess it was Saw Gerrera. Who else would be running a rogue operation that makes things harder for the heroes?

I'm not happy that they killed off Tech. He was my favorite character, and he developed a great relationship with Omega this season. Plus it's not a good look to establish a character as neurodiverse and then have him be the first to die. Although I hold out a bit of hope, since Hemlock said he wasn't able to salvage anything except Tech's goggles. If there's no body, there's a chance he miraculously survived somehow.

I also can't believe the team didn't see Cid's double-cross coming a mile away. They should've known better than to go to her. I guess they were blinded by grief.

Captain Fine likes this.
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The alarm sound when Tarkin orders the lockdown, gives me flashbacks to Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. It’s the exact same alarm blaring in the new republic base in the first mission.

I wonder if that was archive audio. I honestly can’t see them bringing him in for 5 words, unless he has a bigger role in season 3.

15. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

My thoughts on Tech: no body, no grieving.

Hell, Echo got BLOWN UP onscreen and still survived. Even Hemlock delivering his goggles isn't definitive, that's the oldest bad guy trick in the book.

Could he be dead dead? Sure. But until we see S3 I'm assuming nothing.

Captain Fine and cooleddie74 like this.
  16. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Well, those two episodes were a kick to the balls.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fuck Saw Gerrera. If it weren't for his half-cocked plan with zero sympathy for the Bad Batch's plan, Tech would still be alive.

Yeah, yeah, I get why some people are convinced he's still alive since we didn't see a body and the goggles shouldn't be enough, but the presentation of his death felt very real for me. However, the biggest reason why I think he's actually dead is because of the nobility of his sacrifice. I feel like that would be undone if he were to magically survive such a significant fall and while attached to a falling tram car.

It's going to be a damn long wait until the third season. And there damn well better be a third season!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Booji and CorporalCaptain like this.
  18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

How could he have survived the fall, though? Climb into the falling tram wreckage and MacGyver together a jetpack in the few seconds he had? Get rescued by a passing giant bird creature? Take advantage of a very fortuitous updraft? Discover a hitherto-unsuspected Force sensitivity? Determine how to throw himself at the ground and miss? It's hard to think of anything remotely credible. If this is a fakeout, it's a successful one, since there's no obvious way out.

19. cooleddie74

20. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Like Mace.. He cought a passing speeder.

But the foreshadowing with the archaeologist was a big death flag.. But.. Didn't see a body.. So there is hope.

Thats it? Fuuuuuck.. Don't let it be 2 years for the next season asses!!

Saul likes this.