Spoilers Bad Batch Season 2 - This Fall

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Tuskin38, May 29, 2022.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

All the more reason I get tired of seeing it.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed this one, the designs for Pabu were gorgeous, and it was kind of nice to see an episode solely focused on the heroes saving people. Pretty much from the moment the Batch arrived on Pabu, I kept expecting the Empire to arrive, and I was really relieved when they didn't. I hope they don't show up at all, and Pabu becomes their new home base from now on.

3. Kennelly27

Kennelly27 Ensign Newbie

I also either expected the Empire to arrive or alternatively to have a dark secret revealed under the beautiful surface, some used trope like each year a lottery selects ten people for death to appease some leviathan/supercomputer etc.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

What a pointless waste of time. Took me three days to get through it, I was so bored.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a fun episode.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Same here. It was in the vein of Then Came Bronson and the Bill Bixby The Incredible Hulk in that our heroes on the run get to help locals with a pressing problem and win over hearts but then that's fine.

7. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Pabu is one of my favs this season. Very well done.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  8. Tuskin38

3 more episodes. The last 2 air on the same day.

Tipping Point
    The Summit
    Plan 99

9. Christopher

...from Outer Space?

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

oh no...

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming it's not a coincidence that 99 is 66 flipped upside down.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I may be wrong, but isn't the unit named in honor of this guy, the first defective clone that we met on the show?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/99

Hartzilla2007 likes this.
  14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot their official name is Clone Force 99.

15. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Was a bit bored from the latest episode but i could imagine Pabu to be the new home of the Batch, in case the show gets a happy ending.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

That's clearly the implication from Rex's reaction to the name, yeah.
    However; I think in the first season when Gregor asks if they're CCs like him, Hunter says they're "CT-99s", meaning "99" is just a standard prefix for all defective clones.

17. Tuskin38

Things are starting to heat up. Howzer lives!

The imperial Gozanti design has been updated to match how it appeared in Mando

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

This week on the supposedly more kid friendly Star Wars show; conspiracy, torture, and suicide!
    • Right off the bat, I note that the Imperial Gozanti asset has gotten an update to match it's newer, more detailed apprearance in live action!
    • Also; that hunky clone everyone liked is alive! Also, also; Balmora! An old EU reference AND a point of continuity with Andor. You'd almost swear they were coordinating these little details!
    • Detachable "leech vessel"? That's new! Well unless you count The Phantom, but this thing is clearly meant for forced boardings. Maybe an old judicial pursuit craft, or pirate ship? Or both? The design seems oddly familiar too. Maybe one of the very many kitbash ships made for tRoS, or 'Resistance', or both?
    • Another taser tooth thing? Ironically, this probably tells us more about what's coming with the live action shows as it draws another direct line between Moff Gideon & Mt. Tantiss, and Thrawn is bound to get involved on Weyland sooner or later!
    • Ah, so "mind probe" is a lot more literally than just the drugs, judging by where that implicitly needle went.
    • Well, Senator Chuchi is getting in very deep with the dissident clones. At this rate I suspect Trace and Rafa's repair ship will be a burnt location before long. Even down on 1313, it's still a little too public to go unnoticed by the ISB forever.
    • I'm honestly shocked Crosshair even knew how to set a blaster for stun!
    • Still not sure what's going on with Dr. Scalder. So far as I know Helen Sadler is English, so the Kiwi accent seems like a very deliberate choice. Another female clone of Jango (but not unaltered)? An actual living relative of Jango, or even someone from the same world as him (before being adopted as a foundling) seems a little unlikely.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Yeah, I noticed the resemblance.

20. Christopher

I liked the ship with the detachable boarding pod. That was neat.

Jimmi Simpson's performance as Dr. Hemlock is quite interesting. Quiet, calm, and understated villainy can be more menacing than the cackling supervillain variety.