Babylon 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kail, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Or they could bloody hell finish Crusade..... It started to get good and they cancelled it.

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

If Crusade came back as a soft reboot I'd be interested. As an old ship that had once saved earth.

Asbo Zaprudder likes this.
  3. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really hope they do revive it.

I'd be happy to see more of the shadow war on the front lines, or the Earth civil war. The Mars riots maybe, Dilgar war, or even the loss of the first three stations.

What I'd really like to watch though, is the IPX stuff, out on the rim, following the first ones' footsteps.

4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree. I purchased Crusade the complete series dvd set when it was released years ago. I always liked Crusade because it was like Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers:Quest For Iscandar which I also liked.

5. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Crusade I really found difficult to follow,, unlike the first season of Babylon 5 where the different story threads were started. With B5 it was like, well here's a C plot for this episode that will be turned into an A-plot down the road, whereas Crusade each episode was like the A-plot, chapter 1 of its story.

If Crusade was brought back, I would want to see an all-new Crusade.

But it would also be nice if Warners would remaster the original B5, or release on DVD the original 4:3 versions.

6. Gingerbread Demon

I'd love to see Crusade pick up where they left off...... How did they cure the virus and all the other stuff that likely happened.

INACTIVEUSS Einstein likes this.
  7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Unfortunately, I think it's too late for Crusade, but I'd love to see more stories or another series set in the B5 Universe, especially if it brought back some characters from the two older shows. I've liked pretty much everything from that universe, with the exception of LOTR.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  8. Gingerbread Demon

Believe me everyone hates Legend Of The Rangers

9. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

No, actually, they don't.

Some seem to think that JMS got stupid all of a sudden and buy into the idiocy that Kafta spouted about the Hand being more powerful than the Shadows (which is naturally what a subjugated would say, of course). Many fail to see that the hidebound attitude of the Ranger Council is an indication of something seriously wrong in those ranks. And we don't need to go into how blind people can be when they're unable to see past the weapons system which, though exaggerated, has a basis in today's technology. But I'm constantly puzzled by people who don't notice the great chemistry the crew of the Liandra had right off the bat. Me, I'd've loved to see more of the Narn engeneer, for instance. It was a pilot. Did it have flaws? Of course, what pilot doesn't? After all, it would be silly to expect the same level of polish in a pilot as one sees in a show that's been on for several years, wouldn't it?

BTW, for those in the UK, B5 will begin appearing on Nov. 13 on the Pick TV channel at 7PM with 'The Gathering' and then move to an 8PM slot weekdays. No information on format or which version of 'The Gathering' will be shown.

10. Big Data

Big Data Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

They're not really ever making any new B5 right? I didn't watch Crusade because I figured it'd be frustrating to get hooked and never see the story line finished.

11. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

The only possibility seems to be JMS' ownership of the feature film rights. There are a lot of stumbling blocks in the way, starting with the need for him to build up the credibility of his Studio JMS and continuing with the passage of time making the property less in the public conscious. But he's already said that the feature film would have to be a reboot given the ages of the actors and other factors.

12. Big Data

Big Data Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

RIP Jerry Doyle and Andreas Katsulas

13. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

And so many others, most recently Stephen Furst (Vir).

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would love to see something new set in the B5 universe, but I'd rather get a new story with new characters than a continuation or reboot. I can't imagine a B5 story without G'Kar, Vir or Garabaldi, but at the same time I'd hate to see them recast.

David cgc likes this.
  15. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

If there was to be a new series, maybe Humans, Narns, Centauris and Minbaris face off a new insidious threat. The Hand or those thirdspace aliens or even a new threat. Maybe the Dilgar make a comeback or the Markab return as undead Reavers of the Firefly type.

16. Gingerbread Demon

Who or what was The Hand?

17. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably aliens trying to pretend they were advanced godlike First One level races using ships/tech leftover after the Vorlons/Shadows left.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  18. Gingerbread Demon

Oh.....

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I get the impression it's pretty unpopular. :rommie:

Actually, it was mostly the cast and characters that failed to excite me. The setup was okay, but not terribly engaging. Contrast with Crusade, which had me super excited right off the bat.

If they consider the value of the property to be decreasing, what are the chances of him getting the rights back?

20. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

He tried for two years a while back to buy the show back and was unsuccessful. WB doesn't seem inclined to do anything with the property but refuses to let anybody else do anything, either.