News Avenue 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oooh man, this was a jewel to find. With the recent finale of Michael Schur's The Good Place, I had anticipated a void in my tv comedy, & this is going to step in just fine. It's like Galaxy Quest meets Arrested Development or something. For many years, I've always heard rumors of a Galaxy Quest tv series, which never seemed like a good idea to me, & now... I'm sure of it, because no matter what form that could ever take, it could only ever dream of having the potentiality of this show. I think I'll like it better than even The Orville.
    There is, Billie (Lenora Crichlow), & I think she's a wonderful choice. The premise is more than just incompetent people. The premise is people currently being incompetent, & the journey they're going to have to take to get where they need to be, in order to make this work. There are people there who know how to get things done. They just aren't in position to do that yet. I'm looking at you, Ethan Phillips.
    Exactly my point. I knew the minute they announced a 3 year voyage to get home, that she'd end up becoming the most important character for controlling the situation. If the show has any legs, she'll probably end up the chief admin officer of the whole Judd corporation. Either her or Judd's assistant, who is also adept, while equally unfulfilled... or some combination of them both

The Nth Doctor and Kelso like this.
  2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

3. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess the show will be... 3.5 seasons long?

4. Mojochi

I'd think with only 4 episodes left this season, & very little time having passed so far, that there'd have to be a huge time leap when we get to the next season if each season is to be one of the years on their trajectory.

Which is doable mind you, but in that amount of time, for them to have survived, they will have to have established a working model of whose getting them through this, cuz right now, there ain't that many able to do so lol

5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

But how will they survive without Tiramisu???
    :lol:

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  6. The Nth Doctor

By looking at the floating shit outside. ;)

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really liked the fourth episode and I think the show has found its footing. Looking forward to the back half of the season.

8. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I think I'm resigning myself to watching this pretty much only for Hugh Laurie and the Engineer woman. Everyone else is annoying and just too one-dimensional... For me, most of the so called 'humor' just falls flat....

Q2

9. The Nth Doctor

I avoided the preview for the next episode, but I would love it if the president is played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus. I'm sure it's not her, but it would still be amusing. :lol:

10. Mojochi

We're on the edge of devolving into utter chaos. They almost had a human sacrifice this week lol. Before this is over, I imagine a complete upheaval of roles on the ship. I hope enough people are watching this

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'll be her grandkid who was conceived in the final season.

12. Alan Roi

Alan Roi Commodore Commodore

It's been renewed, and the ratings seem to have stabilized. So don't worry, our ring of sh*t here will be orbiting for at least another year.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020 at 4:34 AM
  13. The Nth Doctor

Yup, the Lord of the Flies vibe is growing stronger and the show is better for it. Chaos is just around the corner!

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

10 years ago "Billy" was the ghostly female lead on Being Human UK.