Spoilers Avengers: Infinity War grade and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Scrooge Doctor, Apr 23, 2018.

?

How do you rate "Avengers: Infinity War"?

1. A+

22.4%
  2. A

42.9%
  3. A-

14.9%
  4. B+

6.8%
  5. B

7.5%
  6. B-

1.9%
  7. C+

1.2%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1.9%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I agree but I'm going to quote what was actually the first thing that popped into my head watching the movie, Mr. Spock.

"As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy than to create."

Thanos wants the easy solution, he wants to keep betting on the thralls killing each other rather than competitive farming because it's quicker instant gratification.

Brandy Butters likes this.
  2. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

What if Hulk wins?

The green brute gets through life mostly by smashing. Sometimes he faces a problem he can’t solve by smashing, and he needs some sciencing. In those desperate situations he turns into Bruce Banner, but when the crisis passes he’s Hulk again.

I’m not the first to consider this. Has Marvel ever gone the route of having Banner become the “emergency on-call” personality for Hulk?

3. The Scrooge Doctor

The Scrooge Doctor Bah humbug! Premium Member

No, not in the films, but there have been so many different takes on the Banner/Hulk relationship in the comics over the years that I'm certain that particular dynamic has been used at some point.

4. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I've been searching for a panel in a comic to post here but I can only find the cover.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/what-the--24-the-infinity-mitten/4000-138243/

Anyway, Thermos has the Infinity Mitten and he makes half of all life disappear in the universe to impress Death, unfortunately it's the lower half and it shows everyone's torsos standing up in the street because they don't have any legs. This was going through the back of my mind while watching the movie and I bet I was the only one.