Astra's ENT action figures in action

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Astra, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am currently making my way through Enterprise for the first time. I've just reached the end of season 2.
    Whenever I join a new fandom, it does not take long for me to buy action figures and start doing little scenes, inspired by what I see on TV.

Would anybody be interested in seeing some of them? Usually I post in the action figure thread in the Miscellaneous section, but since I am recently mostly doing Enterprise anyway, I thought it might be good to collect them all in here. Here are just a few for starters, but there is more. Way more.

Just a few bridge photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These are lovely! What I’d really like to know is how you made the bridge. Do you have any WIP photos?

3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

The bridge pieces came with the "Art Asylum" Enterprise "deluxe" boxed figures.

Shaka Zulu and Richard S. Ta like this.
  5. Astra

Wow, that looks like a lot of work! Did you do these? Awesome! I can change the thread title to a generic one if more people want to contribute. It does not only have to be about me. I always am interested in seeing the work of others!

Thank you! I do sometimes indeed build things for my figures (I'm very proud of my 1/6 scale TOS biobed), but as Therin of Andor said, this bridge is not one of them. If you go to ebay, you should be able to find them. At least Archer with Captain's chair and Reed with his station. The one with T'Pol is very rare and expensive. There was supposed to be the Mayweather helm console as well but that one never got made so you don't need to look for that.

Actually these also should have electronics, playing bridge noises, but in mine the already included batteries had leaked and I am not sure how to fix that.

Here are three more pictures of the bridge, with captain's best friend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these I did for Valentine's Day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: I love your thread and the insight into the episodes you give there! Very thoughtful!

6. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

No, but it shows how detailed these figures and set pieces are

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  7. trekshark

trekshark Captain Captain

Love the Kirk cameo

8. Astra

Always happy to do a crossover, the weirder the better ;)

I'm trying to get along with Richard S. Ta's rewatch, as many of my pictures are inspired by an episode I watched. So I don't want to run ahead of you and spoiler you!

When I came to the Risa episode, I missed a scene with Archer and Porthos at the beach, so I created it myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also throughout the series there are several references of Archer feeding cheese to Porthos, so I did that too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I had posted the first two someone replied that Porthos would not wait to be fed but go for the full plate instead. So I had to add a third picture. I love comments like that which are very inspiring!

[​IMG]

The silvery shiny bed you see here I made from two picture frames, simple but effective!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

What a great thread! Archer feeing Porthos cheese! Missing scenes in 3D! Please continue! :biggrin:

10. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These are really cute and clever thanks for posting them.:bolian::biggrin:

Geargoose, Richard S. Ta and Astra like this.
  11. Astra

Thank you! I will! I have some more lined up inspired by season 1 and 2 episodes, plus some "freeform". (although I assume that season 3 may be less inspiring for cute funny pictures)

Here's one more especially for you. I made that for a friend who was sick but she's at the other site of Germany so there was nothing I could do. I said, find yourself someone to cuddle with to feel better!

[​IMG]

Aw, thank you! I'm always happy when people tell me they have to smile or laugh at my pictures. The world often is such a dark place, I want to bring some fun to everyone. That is my goal in life!

I forgot, something else happened on Risa! Trip got a new hair color!
    I didn't like that the Trip figure had the same dark brown hair painted like Malcolm, it made them hard to distinguish. And Trip has some blond highlights. So he went to the hairdresser on Risa!

[​IMG]

And then he thanked her in his own way.

[​IMG]

I'm very happy with the outcome!

[​IMG]

12. HopefulRomantic

Aww, Jon and his doggo best friend. Sweet! :luvlove:

Good to have you giving us smiles, especially when we need them. :techman:

Nice improved 'do! ...But don't tell T'Pol. :ouch:

13. Astra

Since this happened on Risa, there was no T'Pol yet so I thought I could get away with it ;)

Let's see, where did we leave off? Right, more doggo adventures to come!

I had reached the "A night in sickbay" episode which inspired these pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I also watched "Minefield". And it instantly became one of my favorite episodes. So much so that I wrote a fanfiction about the aftermath. And while I was writing I suddenly started to see pictures in my head, and illustrated my fanfic with them ;)

See, I noticed that neither Jon nor Malcolm got to eat their breakfast and then had to defuse the mine on an empty stomach. So I felt they deserved some nice meal in the evening, and since Malcolm probably had to stay in sickbay - it became Pizza in sickbay!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is Chef...

[​IMG]

Oh wait, I also have some "Catwalk" pictures! I loved how Jon had Porthos under his arm. And T'Pol is bringing one of Phlox's animal cages. The duffle bag Jon is holding I bought ages ago - it's one of the Wrestling figures accessories that I so love. This is its first outing, I've never used it before. But you have to buy the things when you see them, not when you need them!

Because then you can watch this episode and think, wait, don't I have that EXACT dufflebag somewhere? And go and set up a scene immediately. I love that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  14. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My mantra.

Beautiful work! Those beach scenes are what the Season 1 Risa episode sorely needed.

Shaka Zulu and publiusr like this.
  15. HopefulRomantic

@Astra, these are just the best. :techman::techman::techman:
    Pizza night with Malcolm and Archer sounds like they finally relaxed and had a nice meal together. :beer:

And Chef just had me on the floor! If he had to wear a uniform, he would totally keep the red bow tie.

Your adorable and detailed little props are really taking me back to my childhood playing with my Barbie and Ken dolls. :mallory: I wonder if there's a Porthos action figure still available...somewhere on earth. Too, too cute. :adore:

Shaka Zulu and Summer Solstice like this.
  16. Astra

Thank you so much and welcome back to my thread! Archer kept talking about taking Porthos to the beach and I really was waiting for that to happen.

I'm very sorry if the following pictures spoilered you in a way for upcoming episodes of season 2. I tried to go in pace with your review (which I really enjoy, as I am watching for the first time) but I had so many ideas and pictures lined up, I had to continue.

Would it be okay if I linked back to the specific episode ones once you have reached that episode? As they surely can be more appreciated if you know what they are about.

I can't tell you how much I love this episode! Definitely one of my favorites. How stiff and uncomfortable Malcolm was in the breakfast scene, and how Jon got him to open up later - while defusing a mine at the same time. I did not want those scenes to end.

Also - not sure if you are listening to the Shuttlepod podcast - Dominic said that because of wearing the EV suit for so long in this episode Scott Bakula put his back out as they were so uncomfortable and his personal trainer came in and suggested changes to the suit that helped everyone with that. He's just the best!

I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate to post the link to my fanfic here - I certainly am not fishing for compliments, but if you are interested to read it, here it is:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/37583518?view_full_work=true

The first part is about Jon having a little breakdown at the end of the day when everything is said and done, realizing how close he had come to lose a good man and getting some support of Trip, and the second part is about them having pizza in sickbay.

It occured to me after watching the series for a while, that while there often is talk of Chef, we actually never see him! Even in the "Catwalk" episode when he goes around handing out food, we only see his legs but never his face. I found that intriguing and thought that had to change ;)

I grew up in East Germany so no Barbie dolls in my childhood and I seriously wonder whether I would have appreciated them at all. I'm not too much into fashion and beauty stuff. I was over 30 years old when I started to get 7" action figures and later 12" ones (both from the Stargate line) and a friend got Jack and Daniel out of their green uniforms and into white shirts and black suits. It was a revelation to me. "Oh, so THAT's what it's about!" I thought.

There was a time when I bought more clothes for my figures than for myself... and those little jeans can be expensive too!

Are you referring to the official Porthos plushie? I've seen pictures of it recently but apparently it is very hard to come by nowadays. My friend got a similar looking plushie Beagle by a different brand (minus the Porthos collar of course) which is also cute. I could link you to that if you are interested.

17. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's adorable thanks for posting it. These are cute and clever. The Pizza Party looks like alot of fun.:beer::adore::bolian::biggrin:

Astra likes this.
  18. HopefulRomantic

Ha! I wasn't either. I did make clothes for my Barbie, but it was more like you're doing with your action figures here - telling stories with them.

Yes, please. I never heard about the Porthos plushie!!! I was talking about your little Porthos action figure with Archer. but a plushie would be even cooler! But yeah, I'm like 20 years too late, lol.

Looking forward to more of your action figure tableaux as you progress through the series. :techman:

19. Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice Captain Captain

It must be possible to get hold of a toy beagle of approximately the same size as the Porthos action figure. I'm impressed that you made clothes for your Barbie.

HopefulRomantic likes this.
  20. Astra

Thank you! That pizza is from Re-ment, I love that you can actually cut out a piece!

I have a friend who built an Enterprise bridge for her Barbies!

After I started with the 12” figures, I bought some Barbie furniture and accessories. Some I repainted so it was not all pink. Looks much better.
    You will get to see these once 12” Archer arrives. Do you plan to get him? Have you heard of EXO-6? We already saw pictures at the Chicago convention, he also brings a Porthos with him! Can’t be long now. Yes, these are expensive but so worth it.

Ah, mine! Yeah, as Summer Solstice suggested, he is just a normal children toy. Brands for these kind of animal figures are Schleich and Safari. Mine is from Safari. I also saw an lying sleeping artist beagle in an American dollhouse shop, but he is 80 USD plus shipping plus taxes.

This is the official merchandise one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this picture was made by my friend, original link here: https://twitter.com/chibistef29/status/1526623803559772161

[​IMG]

By a German company named Teddy Hermann.

We all know how wonderfully Scott Bakula also sings and plays the piano. So I made the following pictures for swooning fangirls ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you don’t know it yet, here is a clip from “Quantum Leap” where he does both. He also wrote that song.