Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths to be 5-Part Crossover

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 16, 2019.

1. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

No, if anything the way S7 of Arrow ended it's almost guaranteed she'll be in it.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

That sounds like a blast to me. If it comes with pop up trivia for the viewers at home to answer WIN WIN.

Ovation likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Never much of a Smallville fan. But got to give the producers credit for pulling this off.

Can not help thinking of my Dad who died 5 years ago this week. He watched every episode of Smallville. Acted like a kid when we met Michael Rosenbaum a year before he died.

He was a fan of Arrow and got to see Barry’s introduction on there. Died before The Flash debuted and missed all this stuff that has happened since than.

6. dahj

If Erica Durance doesn't also reprise Lois they shouldn't have bothered. :techman:

Avalon likes this.
  7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, there go the Arrowverse's doppelganger rules. Before, they were pretty consistent that characters' alternate-world counterparts were the same age and appearance as themselves; the Henry Allen/Jay Garrick issue was explained through adoption and changed names, and implicitly the same goes for Barry of Earth-90. Incorporating the 1990 Flash did create a few non-identical doppelgangers -- Nora Allen, Iris West, Sam Scudder, possibly Leonard Wynter/Snart -- but they were outnumbered by the identical doppelgangers of Tina McGee, Julio Mendez, Tony Bellows, the Trickster, and Prank.

And sure, incorporating the Brandon Routh Superman (or a Brandon Routh Superman) already broke the pattern where Superman himself was concerned, but folding in Smallville's reality means incorporating radically different versions of many, many Arrowverse characters all at once -- just the ones I'm sure of include Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Supergirl, the Luthor family, Zod, Cat Grant (twice), Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Amanda Waller, Roulette, and several members of Smallville's Justice Society -- Jay Garrick, Hawkman, Wildcat, Stargirl, Hourman, Doctor Mid-Nite, and Jim Corrigan. (Their JSA included characters going by Hawkgirl and Mister Terrific, but they were different people from the Arrowverse holders of those championyms.)

8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

9. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope they bring Chloe back as well, she was always my favourite character. Does anyone know what Allison Mack's up to these days?

The only big question left is will they get Justin Hartley or not?

10. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

That is GREAT news!
    I am so happy with it.
    I grew up with Smallville, when the show started I was bullied on high school and had no friends.
    When the show ended I was happily (still am) married and have good friends.

I got one friend watching the show and had great discussions with him, I was team Lex and he was team Clark

11. dahj

Prison time.

12. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

13. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was that a joke about Mack?

14. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Ummmm....

15. StCoop

Wow, you really need to be able to write JOKE in big flashing letters sometimes.

jbny67 and Caretaker like this.
  16. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think 5 episodes is enough to do this right. Remember the Flash 90 appearance. It was beyond disappointing. He shows up, delivers like one line, and Monitor snaps his fingers like he was nothing.

There are so many characters here, and my fear is that Welling will show up and do nothing, and spout maybe one line.

Something like this deserves a significant role, and it should be set up.

Maybe if they set up things on the shows before the main event? Let's have an adventure of just Flash90 and Barry on The Flash. Bring Tom Welling onto Supergirl as Superman, without making him look like a weakling.

They are setting up some great stuff here, but they must deliver. Think the 50th of Doctor Who. Kitchen sink stories can be amazing.

But they require writers that respect the characters involved, with no agenda to pump up other characters.

17. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope they do a joke on the physical differences between the three Superman actors. Like BR's Superman can say to TH's Superman, "Is that what I used to look like?"

Or TW can meet the other two and go, "It's like looking into a fun house mirror."

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I wonder if they'll bring Dean Cain back too. He's already Jeremiah Danvers, but that didn't stop them from bringing back Routh-Superman. And what about Gerard Christopher and/or John Newton?

Greg Cox likes this.
  19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was wondering about that too. I noticed the article on IGN simply said Clark Kent, with no mention of him appearing as Superman. Now obviously they're the same character so you don't necessarily need to specify, but knowing Welling's reputation for refusing to wear the suit, I was wondering if that could be interpreted as a hint that he will only be appearing as Clark, not Superman.

20. StCoop

Given that he's turned out to be an alt-right asshole I wouldn't hold my breath. That's why he vanished from 'Super-woke-girl'.