Spoilers Arrow Season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Aug 7, 2018.

1. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm an early adopter :p

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Schway is going to be a thing for DC Fans to grab ahold of this season, than yeah I think it's time for Batman Beyond to make a come back in some form.

Shamrock Holmes likes this.
  3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

They took it from Lost. I think Arrow took inspiration from Lost as well.

4. dahj

I vote for Arrow Beyond with Zoe as the future Green Arrow of Star City. :techman:

tomalak301 likes this.
  5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh my god, I knew 'Schway' sounded familiar.

I loved Batman Beyond.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great premiere,
    the stuff with Oliver in prison was pretty good, I knew the whole pacifist, keeping his head down thing wouldn't last long.
    I liked Rene running a gym, and the conflict between him and Dinah played out pretty well.
    The flash forwards were a big surprise.
    I had been assuming the new Green Arrow was Roy, but I like the idea of it being future William too.
    I wonder if Felicity talking about wanting to fight back means she's going to start training to fight, or if she's just going to go back to all of her techie stuff?

7. tomalak301

I didn't know where it came from until I listened to a Flash Podcast last weekend and learned that it did indeed come from Batman Beyond.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Uhh, the new Green Arrow is in the present. Unless you're proposing that Arrow is joining the other three shows on the time travel bandwagon.

I think the intent is that it's neither of them -- that we were led to expect the guy going to Lian Yu was the copycat Arrow, but that was just a misdirect and they're not connected at all.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well it worked for me at least.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A couple people said they thought the new Green Arrow could be future William having traveled back in time. That thought hadn't occurred to me, and I thought it was cool. I realize now that it would also be a good way to tie the flashforwards into the present, if it turns out that they are leading up to William traveling back in time to become the new Green Arrow.
    I know in the comics Oliver has a son, who eventually grows up and temporarily takes over for Oliver after he dies, and I've been wondering since they introduced William if we might get some kind of time jump so they can do that in the show. Maybe this is going to be their take on that period of the comics, just with time travel instead of a time jump, and Ollie in jail instead of being dead.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. dahj

What if it lasts 20 more years and they catch up? ;)

Snick27 likes this.
  13. tomalak301

Then the question becomes what ends first, Supernatural or Arrow.

Snick27 likes this.
  14. Christopher

It's DC. They'll probably have rewritten the timeline several times by then.

Snick27 likes this.
  15. dahj

Judging by that latest Elseworlds poster, first rewrite is already coming up this December... ;)

16. Christopher

I don't expect that to be permanent. At least, that particular change surely won't be.

17. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ONLY if it's done right. It's way too late now, but when Adam West was in his late 70s/early 80s, I thought it might have been a fun idea to do a campy Batman Beyond as a true sequel to the 1960s Batman, in the same style. Of course talented writers like back then would have been hard to find, and that likely would have been a one and done show barring a miracle.

A Batman Beyond live action done in a similar tone to the cartoon would be hard to make cost effective, but I suppose it could be done. The problem is you would have to actually be able to use Bruce Wayne because THAT is what legitimatized Terry.

As for time travel, I would be very surprised to see adult William in the present. Obviously, the Legends can give him a ride, but is that where they are going?

I actually just thought the new Arrow was Roy.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I hope William really is a time-traveler. The Legends dropped the ball on dealing with the near-future dystopia, and Star City seems to be ground zero for future events (particularly in regard to ARGUS). Future William would be the perfect excuse to give the group some focus.

Roy is the most logical choice if there is no time travel involved, though it would be cool if future-Roy traveled back in time with side-kick future-William.

Side note: was I the only one who thought Felicity had lied (to Oliver--in case anyone was listening) and that William was going to stay in the Argus facility long-term? It seems risky to send him off alone.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  19. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ugh...... Netflix Netherlands won't upload new Arrow untill the saturday after it airs in the US. :(

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Can't say I'm a big fan of flash forwards, it's such a delicate balancing act of not giving away too much information and basically the writing becomes spoilers. I instantly knew that was an older William from the opening second we saw him. I guess the future sucks since Roy is hiding on the Island and William has no Team Arrow with him.

Snick27 likes this.