Spoilers Arrow Season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

3. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

^^ At least he's not another speedster...:rolleyes:

4. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad Kirk Acevedo is sticking around, as for Diaz, hopefully he'll get some better material this season.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This. The actor is good, the character sucked donkeyballs.

John Clark likes this.
  6. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

I enjoyed the last few episodes of "Legends of Tomorrow" Season 2. I must admit that I was not that thrilled with the Arrowverse shows last season, with the exception of the crossover and "Legends of Tomorrow". But I did enjoy the Season 5 premiere of "The Flash".

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hm, are these scenes with older William set in the future, or did he come from the future?

Or maybe he isn’t William at all and is pretending to be.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's the future, which is why Roy was so much older (I didn't even recognize him at first). According to the producers, it's 20 years in the future.

I really like Felicity's pink-dyed hairstyle. It's beautiful. Too bad it's probably just her "witness protection" look and won't last.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering about the chronology here. The Flash's premiere picked up literally moments after the season finale, but Arrow's premiere is five months after, while I think Supergirl's was three months after its finale. Yet they'll somehow have to be in sync when the crossover happens eight weeks from now.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

On "Arrow"?

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was this Arrow, or a really great imposter of Arrow. That episode was really really good.

Does the stuff on the island take place 5 years into the future?

11. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The stuff on the island takes place 20 years into the future.

I thought this was the strongest premiere in a long time. I still am not a fan of Renee and Dinah and think their roles are too big, but overall, the episode was terrific and looks like the show may be getting back on track.

12. Christopher

Answered in my spoiler box in post #28.

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the episode. It was cool that they brought back Bronze Tiger, Brick, and Sampson. Especially Bronze Tiger, since he had been killed off in the 'canon' Arrow comic. If they do eventually kill him off at least let it be on screen.

I thought the episode put Team Arrow in some interesting places, though I would think Felicity would've had a job at ARGUS or a tech firm or something. I did like that Curtis is working at ARGUS now, he's like the Winn of Earth-1 I suppose. I thought it was a stretch that Dinah would be captain after last season, but it at least keeps her in the middle of the action, and it sets up some nice conflict with Rene. Black Siren as the DA is the real stretch here. I thought Rene running a gym and being on the side of the new Arrow, a cheerleader for Oliver's mission was a nice touch in light of the conflict he had with Oliver last season.

I'm liking the new Green Arrow. I think it's Roy, but I hope it's not, because that's too obvious. I saw online some speculation that it's William from the future, and that would be interesting. I was thrown by the 'flashbacks' being 'flash forwards' and I wonder if they have enough story to sustain that for the season. Perhaps it will be Roy who teaches future William who the comes back, and if that's the case that would be a pretty cool full circle kind of thing. If Roy is just going to be in future seasons that gives them about five years or so to explain away why he isn't with Thea. If the Roy scenes are just in the future I will give the show credit for trying to change up their storytelling.

But if the new Green Arrow isn't Roy or William perhaps it could be Malcolm Merlyn somehow, Komodo, Cupid, Artemis, Thea, Deathstroke, or another Oliver or Robert Queen from another Earth. Certainly the character looks male, but who knows if they don't pull some kind of sleight-of-hand and reveal a female character under the mask.

The time thing threw me off as well. Don't know how this is going to match up with Flash and Supergirl. There's less of an issue with Supergirl I suppose. But with Flash taking up right after the season finale, perhaps there will be a time jump sometime in the season with Flash to get it in line with Arrow, though I suppose they could do a smaller time jump for Supergirl as well if needed.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes and now I regret looking at it and asking the question. It took the mystery and excitement I had for it out right away. Who wants to have fun speculating when the producers will tell you what it is without actually having patience in the show to do it for you.

15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

So his annoying son has gone back in time? Copy Flash much? :)

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

No.

17. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No evidence of time travel at this time. Speaking of copying, I don't know if anyone is watching Empire, but they sure seem to be copying the "who's in the coffin" plot that Arrow did a few years back.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? I thought that was current day. The guy looks too young to be 20 years later if that the case.

19. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Solid premiere, mystery Arrow crossing off names on a list, Rene and Dinah trying to adjust to the new situation and Ollie in prison were all very interesting, plus the flash forwards are schway. :D

I do hope Diaz gets more interesting than a bog standard revenge plot over the course of the season though...

20. Christopher

Still about 10 years early for that term, assuming slang trends are still as short-lived in the future.