Spoilers Arrow Season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Aug 7, 2018.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The final 10 minutes saved this episode. It was bordering on average, and then the Dante reveal plus Diaz being burned alive was a great way to end it. This season keeps getting more interesting.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

There should have only been one.

Kai "the spy" and Snick27 like this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I doubt I'll feel the same. Kirk Acevedo was always interesting to watch, no matter what problems Ricardo Diaz had as a character. But Adrian Paul has always been bland, and here he was practically sleepwalking through his dialogue. They've swapped out one of my favorite actors working today for one of the dullest actors I've seen in my entire life. I won't be able to see that as an improvement, no matter how well Dante is written.

It's also too much of a coincidence that Emiko, the "new Green Arrow" that Rene and Oliver have been so closely involved with, just happens to be working with the master criminal that Lyla and Diggle were investigating completely independently of that storyline.

Anyway, it does seem appropriate that "the Dragon" met his end through fire. I wonder who did it. I hope it wasn't Laurel, though we're probably supposed to suspect her.

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

My take-

Emiko is League of Assassin-trained. Though this should be kinda obvious.

Whoever is behind the conspiracy inside the ARGUS, Dante and all of this are behind the ban on metas few years in the row...

5. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is Dante a new character or a previous character? Were we supposed to recognize him? I am not a super Arrow nerd so I don't know if maybe I missed a reference or something.

6. Christopher

Dante seems to be based on the leader of an organization from recent Green Arrow comics called the Ninth Circle, which finances criminal and terrorist organizations. In the comics, Emiko Queen is a former member of the Ninth Circle.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  7. Finn

^interestng

8. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kind of do hope it's Laurel who burned Diaz alive. Having her be a lawyer is kind of boring and pointless. I wanted her back in the black siren getup and causing problems. My only other guess is Anatoly.

Jason

Snick27 likes this.
  9. Christopher

Oh, I disagree. Perhaps the most interesting thing in this episode was seeing Laurel reveal that she doesn't want to be a killer anymore. She's grown and changed a lot, and that's what makes a character interesting. Seeing her fall back into her old, predictable pattern is what would be boring and pointless.

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well maybe she doesn't half to go back to the evil but I would at least like to see her kicking but again. Also with a different job. Being a lawyer is to much connected to original Laurel. Everyone has a job in law enforcement now. It's been ages since Thea had the nightclub. Maybe bring something like that back.

Jason

Snick27 likes this.
  11. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

So is Diaz going to return as Deadpool now? :whistle:

12. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But how could would of been if Adrian Paul pulled out his Highlander Sword and knocking Arrow's arrows down.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  13. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

By the way, in this episode Connor Hawke said he's Diggle's adopted son, but in the Legends episode he was John Diggle Jr. so what's up with that?

14. Kane_Steel

Kane_Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

15. Christopher

I wondered about that too.

16. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Barry fucked up the timelines again?

17. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

More likely, it's Nora's fault this time. She's the one that has been time travelling like crazy this season, not Barry.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn’t see Highlander so I don’t know who this guy is. What I do know is Diaz overstayed his welcome and I’m glad we are moving away from him. Also seeing Dante in action was pretty impressive, and considering one of the complaints I’ve seen about this season was there was not main villain, I think we just met him this week.

19. Finn

So they hadn't mentioned Diggle and Lyla's son lately?

20. Christopher

I first encountered Adrian Paul before Highlander, in the second season of War of the Worlds: The Series. I admit I have some antipathy for him because of that, since the new second-season showrunner killed off both the nonwhite leads (including the most charismatic and popular actor in the cast, Richard Chavez) and replaced them with Paul, resulting in an all-white cast, as well as just making it a much worse show in general (and it wasn't a very good show in season 1, but at least it had terrific cast chemistry that was ruined by the change). So I can't think of Paul without thinking of how offended I was by the changes made to WOTW, changes that I've always been convinced were made because of racism. That's not Paul's fault, but I can't help but associate him with those bad feelings. The fact that he was a bland and lifeless actor replacing two far more engaging actors just exacerbated it.