Anyone still build models?

My hardest build yet. Aftermarket aztec masks, lighting kit, the works! I'm happy with my progress so far. Slow and steady wins the race.
nWNAbVX.jpeg

So about 20 years ago, since I had a website to show off my finished models, I started keeping track of each model I built by month and year and kept a running list with links. Then in 2013 I started taking a group shot of the year's builds, and later indulged myself and tried to do clever graphics each time. When I retired I was looking for things to do, so what the heck, I used the list to assemble group shots of the previous 10 years as well. This weekend I decided to kill an hour by making a single page with all the year-in-review shots. There ARE Trek kits there. so it's not entirely OT.
You can click on a pic to enlarge it.
http://www.inpayne.com/models/models_yir.html

I haven't built any models in a long time. I was working on a Salzo 1/2 studio-scale TOS BSG when my daughter was born 10 years ago, with the last activity having taken place in 2014 and that was about the end of it. One day I hope to get back to it, along with my rather hefty stable of unbuilt 1:350 scale kits.

All finished! Truly a labour of love. When I got back into this hobby less then 8 months ago, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be able to turn out something that turned out as well as this.

I went with a look that tried to match what the ship looks like with without the darkening filter that the show seems to use. The times that we see her in more direct light, she comes off far less metallic.

With this build done, I plan to take a short break from building before I start The Excelsior. She will definitely live up to her name as "the great experiment" as it will be my first time trying out airbrushing.
4Od0Cn4.jpeg
BMkHtHT.jpeg

Last edited:
Back