Anyone else a fan of the Andorians?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by CardassianAssassin, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I always thought Shran would have become the new MACO commander. He's an experienced soldier, after all.

2. JRTStarlight

JRTStarlight Captain Captain

What aspect? Enlighten me, please. Thanks.

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

They have four separate sexes, which means a complicated mating process that is becoming more and more difficult over the generations as a result the species is slowly dying out.

4. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

Loved the Andorians in ENT for sure. Shran was one of the best supporting characters; Jeffery Combs does a wonderful job with all the roles he plays. I felt the relationship between Archer and Shran developed naturally , If we had seen a season 5 I was hoping Sharn would be one of the first Federation captains :) It makes sense to me that the early captains of the federation would be drawn from the existing captains of the planetary fleets; Shran always championed the idea of collaborating with the humans so again hes a great choice to be a starfleet captain.

Lt. LaForge and JRTStarlight like this.
  5. JRTStarlight

JRTStarlight Captain Captain

Oh, that would have been so cool. Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. The Andorians wouldn't give him a ship since he lost his. Most organizations don't tend to reward a captain with a new ship when they lose their ship since, quite frankly, they probably have more waiting captains than ships.

But a budding StarFleet wouldn't yet, and giving Shran a ship wold have been a great message of inclusion, gaining a valuable asset, and really walking the walk instead of just talking the talk of the Federation.

Getting the Andorians to help build it and pay for it and including/sharing lots of Andorian Tech would have been great, too. The way the Federation develops so quickly is sharing Tech with lots of other advanced civilizations like that.

That was one of the cool lines in Prelude to Axanar, too. The Andorians were happy to share their phasers with us.

I LIKE it!

Lt. LaForge likes this.
  6. Graham

Graham Commander Red Shirt

I wasn't the biggest fan of Enterprise but I always thought their depiction of the Andorians was one of the better aspects of the show. They took the little TOS established about them ("My people are a violent race") and really fleshed it out very well. And I liked how they made them antagonistic but not so overly so that you couldn't see them becoming friends to Humans and even Vulcans in time.

Shran was a great character, too.

Lt. LaForge and JRTStarlight like this.
  7. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    I always liked them-their antennae, Shran, and their planet.

I wish we had seen Shran on the Enterprise.

Lt. LaForge likes this.
  8. Sverre

Sverre Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Show runner for Discovery has promised that Andorians will be featured in Season 2 of Discovery.

AaronMorse and Lt. LaForge like this.
  9. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOVE these guys. I don't care for "Enterprise," but I'll watch bits of it if Andorians or Aenar are present.

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's good news. Would like to see more Tellerites too but Andorians were a founding member of the Federation.

11. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

I really enjoyed the Andorians as well, I liked how their females were just as badass as the males. And, I generally sided with them against the Vulcans, because I found the 22nd Century Vulcans to be corrupt and obnoxious, as well as deceitful. But then, aside from Spock, T’pol And Soval, I really didn’t much care for the Vulcans anyhow.

I did like the non traditional Vulcans in the episode starring Robert Pine.

Oh, and I guess the four sexes thing is part of canon? I’ve only read the ENT relaunch novels, and it is mentioned in the more recent books,

Graham likes this.
  12. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

No canon mention of four sexes, just that one TNG reference to four people being involved in marriages (possibly meaning only the bride, groom, priest and ice-bearer are allowed in while the families get drunk elsewhere).

The thing going on between Shran and Talas never was supposed to involve an additional pair of characters from what we hear or see. Although of course the two were still several steps away from actual marriage, and might have made arrangements in the future.

Timo Saloniemi

Willow likes this.
  13. Martok91189

Martok91189 Ensign Red Shirt

Same here. It also helped the Geoffrey Combs also played Weyun

Kytee likes this.
  14. Martok91189

Martok91189 Ensign Red Shirt

They did or are about to be on Discovery! My RPG characters are almost always Andorians or half Andor half Aeinar