Andrew Lincoln leaving The Walking Dead (Season 9)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by WarpFactorZ, May 29, 2018.

1. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Remember how when Michael Scott left The Office, they tried bringing in new manager after new manager (DeAngelo Vickers, Robert California, then finally Andy Bernard) and the show just wasn't the same? I think giving Daryl (terrible choice, btw, he's been a crybaby for years on this show now, and I honestly wish they'd killed Daryl instead of Merle) the lead is going to send the show on a more downward spiral than it's been on for the past few years.

I'm still done with the show, but I'd actually watch it if they gave Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan the lead.

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Hey--the Nard Dog was actually a pretty able stand-in as The Office faded...

3. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

But they did sort of write the character out for a good chunk of the final season because I think the actor was filming one of the "Hangover" movies. Remember the boat trip.

Jason

4. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

I don't expect the show to last more than 1-2 seasons after this. It would be better to just end it and start a new spinoff.

5. Jayson1

To be honest I don't know what one could do in another spinoff. Their is only so much story potential in shows about killing zombies in a apocolpse before you just don't have anything else to do in that world.

Jason

6. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

There's an idea, replace Rick with Ed Helms. His thing can be when he gets angry enough, he puts his fists through Walker's heads. They can introduce him as he's floating down a river. And let's face it, he's a much better singer than Beth ever was.

Borgminister likes this.
  7. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

I gave up on the show a few years ago. However, if they were going to end it (and they will someday) I would like them to wrap it up with some sort of conclusion. My preference would be that the walkers all finally start to collapse and civilization starts to recover, albeit very slowly. It would be nice to see some optimism about the future of humanity. I'm sure that's not the direction they will go. :lol:

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Realistically that's the best option because he's so damn watchable, but I think Negan has gone too far too often to work as anything beyond a reluctantly repentant anti-hero, and even then it would be a stretch. I can forgive most of the things Rick has done, hell I think it would have been even feasible to forgive the Governor, but Glenn and Abraham, the hot iron, the harem and all it implies? It would be a tough sell.

9. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Similar here. I have a theory that the show will reveal at the end that any babies born after the zombies appeared are actually immune. Everyone is screwed, but there is hope for the future.

10. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

This is what i think would happen as well. However this does mean that a baby/young child has to die and not have it's head destroyed.

11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, another spinoff would be pointless. As it stands, the series is more about trying to be some drama/commentary than the survival horror with drama/commentary that it was for most of season's 1-4. AMC, Kirkman (who has not managed to do anything of note in film outside of TWD--anyone really talking about Outcast or Air?) and associated parties are trying to milk every last drop from TWD until its more inferior content than good-to-great content.

Picking on poor 'ol Emily Kinney's singing. She tried! :shrug:

12. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I just assumed that this was how they would wrap it up when they were ready anyway.

Of course they'll have to kill a couple of extra babies, just to make sure. :devil:

Nah I'm just kidding, they can just have Judith get bit and not turn; The End.

13. Jayson1

The show will end with all our characters dying except Judith but so do all the Walkers. Obama who must have been president when this happened since it happened in 2010 rises out of the White House along with people who have been waiting and preparing for this day. They plan to now rebuild the world and one of the first people they meet is Judith. Theey notice she has a Walker bite but hasn't turned.

Jason

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

In the final episode, the threat of the Zombies is over, because all of them have either been killed by this point or rotted away. Everybody has finally figured out how to take measures to prevent catastrophe if somebody should die and turn. The human race is ready to rebuild, and Rick's group has created an idyllic and prosperous community named Grimesville in his memory.

Then, without warning, the place is overwhelmed by a horde of Zombie dogs and cats-- the virus has spread to animals.

15. Jayson1

So your going for the super depressing ending I see. We could try that or this way. How about instead the peaceful village is attacked by zombie Rick . He eats Judith on her birthday. She is young and doesn't understand zombies. Her last words are "Daddy" because she doesn't know he is dead and runs up to him. We also find out the peaceful villiage wasn't so peaceful. Turns out the animals had already turned and they had all decided to have one more peaceful day on earth before they do a Jonestown. Everyone had already killed themselves except Michonne who was raising Edith and she was going to finish them last. Last scene is her yelling in horror and misery like Thomas Jane at the end of "The Mist." Something that gives "Twin Peaks" a run for it's money at making people very angry at the ending.

Jason

16. RJDiogenes

More like an EC-style twist. It wouldn't be inappropriate for this show, although I'd personally prefer a happier ending.

Yeah, that would piss people off. Or we could have an inexplicable Alfred Hitchcock type ending: It's the 10th anniversary of the Zombie outbreak and the settlement is being attacked by a horde-- at the stroke of noon, all the Zombies just fall down, dead for real. No explanation why it stopped, just like there was no explanation why it started.

17. Jayson1

I like this ending as well.Of course you could also instead of have them droping dead what if they vanish instead and nobody remembers them. Were zombies ever real. How did the world fall apart if it wasn't them! What have our people REALLY been doing this entire time!

Jason

18. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

I'm curious, why Judith was never grow into a child? It has been years after the death of her mother, isn't it? She should be around 4 - 5 years old girl, isn't she?

19. RJDiogenes

^^ It's just not happening in real time, that's all.

"I'm tired of this. Computer, end program."

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, not much time has gone by in show's continuity. IIRC, the season 6 finale with Rick and the Gang meeting Negan and the whole eeny, meany, miney, moe thing is supposed to be roughly the two year anniversary of when Rick first woke up in the hospital, give or take a month or two. Although, Carl sure seemed to have quite a growth spurt in a two year period.