And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Cavill bailed because he's a fan of the novels and games and didn't like where the show was heading.

Funny thing was it was around the same time as his Superman cameo in Black Adam, so the internet's best and brightest thought he had left a show to return to Superman even though there was no contract and no movie (and even if there was a movie, it would be years away).

I never thought he left just to do Superman. That would make no sense, like you pointed out.
It WAS really shitty how WB pulled the rug out from under him, though. Makes it almost impossible for me to want to support James Gunn's Superman film

CBS has cancelled So Help Me Todd and C.S.I.: Vegas. It sounds like CBS had an embarrassment of riches and the two lowest rated shows, despite doing okay, had to get trimmed.

But I like So Help Me Todd.

If we tell them that I like So Help Me Todd, maybe they will change their mind and find the money to keep it alive for a few more years?

Finally a couple of shows canceled I have heard about before. But still not watched, so much as one episode.

I can't recall if they removed him from the project or if he left on his own.

The story is different depending on the point of view of Cavill or the Producers. I think the producers have liked to say they removed him due to problems they say he was causing on-set to the point there were articles trying to paint him in a negative light, while Cavill has said he left due to creative differences. Regardless of the viewpoint, I think it's fair to say there was friction on the set that led to a change. I don't think we'll ever know the full story. Personally, I felt like the producers came on rather strong and aggressive in wanting to do their own thing, and perhaps this is what caught Cavill off-guard, and it sounded to me like they didn't like that as a fan, he was trying to correct them. They likely underestimated him being a fan, a point originally in his favour that had become a negative to the producers.

Either way they would have done better at listening to him. If only they had figured out what Fallout and The Last of Us did and that is sticking and showing love for the source material can actually be successful. I am guessing Halo should have learned that lesson as well.

Either way they would have done better at listening to him. If only they had figured out what Fallout and The Last of Us did and that is sticking and showing love for the source material can actually be successful. I am guessing Halo should have learned that lesson as well.
I’ve enjoyed all three without knowing the source material.

Fallout, Last of Us, and Halo are based off video games. The Witcher is based off the books with very little based off the games, beyond Geralt's appearance.

I've read the book series and I actually think they did an alright job bringing the books to life without being a blatant copy. It's not perfect, but what is?

Yeah, agreed. They could have easily used that to their advantage. Instead they seemed to feel threatened by his knowledge, and the producers are the ones that came off as being unreasonable.

Fallout, Last of Us, and Halo are based off video games. The Witcher is based off the books with very little based off the games, beyond Geralt's appearance.

I think he means overall source material. Both are are based on their respective source material, wether they be books or games. Cavill was said to be a big fan of the books, and is one of the things the producers were initially impressed with in him.

Technically this wasn't cancelled but it was cancelled before it even got started. Only read about this last night after wondering when 'Lazarus', the next sequel to 'Life on Mars' was coming. Apparently the cost of the series was too high and they couldn't get the budget.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/life-on-mars-sequel-lazarus-cancelled-newsupdate/

Spooky, but that's when I found out too, also investigating for no reason... Oh?

What, sorry?

(Focus!)

My bad...

Last night I was mystified that the Lazarus Project had been Cancelled.

The Rookie has been green-lit for Season 7 (YAY!).

No word about 9-1-1. I'm still hoping for a crossover with the Rookie. 9-1-1 has always had action/plot lines that neared over the top status, but this season they are really pushing the limits. While I've enjoyed the series, I'm starting to cool on it.

If you were a fan of HGTV's "Flip It to Win It," it's definitely not coming back. Star Charles "Todd" Hill is going to prison for real estate fraud and ponzi schemes.

Back